Your most powerful spiritual saying is?????

by anti-absolutist 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Roma Non Foufata in Uno Journo

To all Italian speakers, I apologise for the poor [non-existing] grammer, cuz I have no idea how to spell it, but I like the sentiment.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    "Rule #1: Don't sweat the small shit.

"Rule #2: It's ALL small shit!"

HA! Damn strait.

ash

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

How about this one?

I've had to do so much, for so long, with so little, that now I can do anything in no time with nothing!

Thunder

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

What has always gotten me about the serenity prayer is having the wisdom to know the difference. I had always thought this was the toughest, until I got into a conversation with someone about it. She made an excellent point, she said it was more difficult for her to accept the things she couldn't change. I had never really thought about it until she said that. I thought of situations in my life where decisions I made were based on things that others were doing to me. Situations were I could not change the person nor change the situation and instead I just had to leave it. Not a choice I wanted to make but I had and still have to accept the fact that no matter how badly I desire things to be a certain way, there is only so much I can do to change it...and I can't force anyone to do things the way I think that they should.

Such as my current situation where my husband is soon-to-be a baptized Jehovah's Witness. I can't stop it. No matter how much I want my old life back, I want things to be normal and simple again...and that is just not going to happen. Despite the fact that I hate the way things are going and desperately want this to all just go away, I just have to accept it. And that sucks!!! I don't want to accept it. I don't want to accept that our lives are going to be forever altered and screwy because he won't listen to me. Accepting the things we cannot change...a very tough pill to swallow....

My favorite spiritual quotes are:

- He who thinks he knows, doesn't know. He who knows that he doesn't know, knows. For in this context, to know is not to know. And not to know is to know.

- You're just an empty cage girl if you kill the bird...

- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

- Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.

Sadie

• alfie
    alfie

The most powerful words to me are "Grandpa, can you play with us please?"

CIAO4NIAO!!

alfie

• rebel
    rebel

I have always liked:

"True love doesn't have a happy ending. True love has no ending."

All I need to do now is find true love

xxR

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

"Did I say corpse hatch? I meant, innocence tube!"

• bebu
    bebu

Welcome, adrift! And good post.

Sadie, my thoughts are with you. Your friend is right about accepting what we cannot change to be probably the hardest thing to do... I hope God gives you hope and strength daily for this difficult journey.

My own favorite "saying"(?) is, "Love Never Fails." It is something I can really meditate on when I'm facing trials, making choices, or just trying to understand it ALL. It is not trite, though it has been used like a cliche. I believe in God, who is/has/will always show an unfailing love. ...Words cannot ever adequately portray the truth of how Love really never, never ever fails.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit