Did this happen by itself?

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH
    one reasonable explanation for this would be that the universe and everything in it is one big experiment, left to run its course.

And every angel in heaven is gambling on the outcome.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I've seen kids sneeze on a window have it end up looking like this...

alt

Does this make the kid with a lugge on a window an intelligent creator?

I dunno what to believe actually.

• JH
    JH

As there is infinitely large, there is also infinitely microscopic. Does this make us God over living bacteria?

• hippikon
    hippikon
    When you look at this picture of the universe, how do you think this came about? Do you think that there is a creator afterall?

So you don't understand the process and wan't to just make something up - "and on the 6th day man invented God"

• sandy
    sandy

Undecided thanks for the laugh.

Maybe God got so bewildered trying to figure out how he can into existance that he blew himself up and that was the big bang that caused all this stuff to be here.

Whenever I ponder all the beauty in the world I think there must be a Creator. If he created the earth through evolution or direct creation I don’t think we really will ever really know.

I am starting to look into information about reincarnation, which seems to comfort me to some degree. Heaven and a paradise earth never offered much comfort. I just never really bought into those ideas.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Have you ever looked at those high speed photos of an explosion or maybe a drop of water splashing? Imagine an explosion that lasted 5 seconds. Now imagine a creature whose lifespan was 100 millionth of a second, living in the midst of that explosion. The world to such a creature would seem static and unchanging, and he would marvel at the intricate patterns and such around him. I believe the 'orderliness' of the universe is really just an illusion due to our extremely short lifespan in relation to the universe. We are essentially seeing it in slow motion. If our current model of the universe is correct and you could somehow speed it up to watch the whole thing in a few seconds, you'd see stars and entire galaxies flickering on and off and exploding every few seconds and then, nothing.... forever.

• onacruse
    onacruse

I never stopped believing in a Creator.

I am struggling to reformulate my ideas about him.

If I was him, that's all I could expect of me.

Craig

• freedom96
    freedom96

When you consider the fact that in that picture are billions of solor systems, probably trillions of planets, each one unique, there is only one logical explanation. A greater being created them. Simple as that.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    When you consider the fact that in that picture are billions of solor systems, probably trillions of planets, each one unique, there is only one logical explanation. A greater being created them. Simple as that.

No it's not as simple as that. Stars and planets seem to form by natural processes and some stars explode violently at the end of their lives, engulfing their entire solar systems. The universe is full of asteroids, meteors and comets hurtling willy-nilly all over the place occasionally striking whatever's in their path. Nothing about that requires an intelligent creator or suggests one.

• Realist
    Realist

irongland,

nice comparison!

by the way...you just have to enter the event horizon of a black hole and thanks to the time dilatation you will see how the universe explodes in "real" time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit