Got a phone call from my Elder dad

by Elsewhere 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

For those who don't know by background, I was raised in the organization, third generation.

There are many elders, two anointed, a PO and many pioneers in my family with all sorts of contact with COs, DOs, and people in Bethel.

To get to my point... my father just called me. He was completely dumb-founded and shocked. He had just talked to a DO and someone he knows close to the Service Department. He expressed that he is having some very serious doubts about the "truth". He said that he has already talked to the rest of the immediate family and they are all just and shocked as he is.

As it turns out, at the international convention, there really is going to be some major changes in the organization. They are actually going to drop the whole 1914 and 607 thing. They will announce that the due to “new light” in the form of overwhelming archeological evidence, they 1914 year is not correct. He said that this means the whole “Jesus’ presence” thing is being dropped.

I asked him how this would affect the identification of the "Faith and Discrete Slave" class. How could the WTS be the FDS if they whole 1919 deal is going to be dropped because of dropping 1914? He said that the FDS will now be identified by their actions... they must be "Faithful and Discrete", the same way elders are “appointed by holy spirit”. They must match the bible’s description.

Now comes the part that really surprised me....

Just kidding. Happy April Fools Day!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Aww man. You suck! I was really getting excited.

• Nordic
    Nordic

LOL

That was just so funny.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

oh man, you got me!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

You're evil. Hell awaits you.

• JH
    JH

It may be an April fool, but one day, they will say those exact words you did.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

You know you had me eating out of your hand don’t you!!!

Dang you Elsewhere!! ROLF roflroflroflroflroflroflrofl

I read your post eating upPacman every bit of it and then **BAM**!!! Bonk

So nice mommy that I am I called in my daughters Cassandra Cain and Vash The Stampede and told them you posted something important. Even made them turn the CD Player off Jamming to mah stereoand sit still while I read. Lol

They were as gullible as I am because when I read the April Fools part Cassandra started screaming and Vash started saying “You are so cruel!! I thought some of my friends might leave “The Truth”!” Still they were both laughing so no worries.

I felt a little bad but I am a wikked mommy.Devilish

Thanx for the laugh on my 1 st April Fools in 16 years!!!!Party

This {{{{hugz}}}} Hugfor you Elsewhere!!

Ciao 4 now,Bye

Utopian_RaindropsRelax

• Vash_The_Stampede_13
    Vash_The_Stampede_13
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EVIL!!
    I WILL GET YOU FOR THAT ONE DAY
    YOU KNOW HOW EXCITED THAT GOT ME!?
    DREAM WRECKER!!!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

Elsewhere, some of us are old and have bad hearts. Mine is still racing.

You Bad, Bad, Boy.

Blondie

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN
    They are actually going to drop the whole 1914 and 607 thing. They will announce that the due to “new light” in the form of overwhelming archeological evidence, they 1914 year is not correct. He said that this means the whole “Jesus’ presence” thing is being dropped.

Don't gotta read one word past this assertion to feel the yank on my leg. This is as likely as claiming you had inside info that the WTS is planning a "Divine Hoax International Convention" for 2014.

AMNESIAN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit