How Come Brooklyn Never Saw This One Coming?

by Englishman 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey E-man,they thought they could shut us up forever..Nothing is forever..Even WBTS arrogance and stupidity will end,along with WBTS..OUTLAW

• Xander
    Xander
    What are you talking about? They've always printed cautious articles about the internet and how "dangerous" it is.

Further, they invented 'the unforgivable sin'. If they can convince someone their is a sin so great that god himself can't forgive them, well, what else can they threaten with? In any case there is nothing they "didn't see coming" - they knew people would leave and would help others out. The org will never go away, though. People (as a group) are simply too stupid. No matter how many people you argue with, in the end, there will ALWAYS be a group who wants to hear exactly the message the WT is proclaiming - and it's a fairly large group.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I thought you were going to say... did they see the collapse of the UN coming? A distinct possibility which will cause them to re-think their revelation story book and many of their beliefs again.

Has this been dicussed elsewhere?

• Maverick
    Maverick

E-man I think the fuse in their crystal ball is on the fritz! Before the 'cast-offs' could communicate they were rather disfunctional. Collectively, through the net, we help heal each other by validating each others feeling that something was 'wrong' with God's people. We will increase in number faster and faster. We tend to be the sharper more intellectual types of people. More genuine, loyal, and demonstrative than the stay-J-duds. Many of us even tried to make it work for many years. And now that we realize it was all a lie we go the other way with just as much energy as when we were under submission. The J-dud masters are self delusional, they can not allow themselves to 'see' the wave coming at them. I hope we can drowned them in their own BS! Maverick

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

If you happen to be blind, then you don't see things coming. They never saw the whole thing coming.

As for inventing an unforgiveable sin - I think they are living in it. To refuse something that is given, prevents acceptance - if you make yourself known inside, and make that decision to accept the word (belief) which is against receiving Holy Spirit, accept this new husband and all the obeyance, you have declared yourself unwilling by a chosen disinterest in recieving what is offered - unless you're forced or assulted, you won't recieve, but that is not free will.

When you give, it is (hopefully) nurturing, but reparitive - but when you fore-give (ahead of time) it promotes/maintains health, or wholeness - it's about holiness.

Do you think if they read this they would see something coming ?

• Dansk
    Dansk

E-man,

Great post – again!

ex-witnesses, the majority of them disfellowshipped and, therefore, supposedly gagged and without a voice, would find a way to communicate with one another via the internet.

My real concern about this is that thousands of other suffering souls wanting out from the Borg don’t have access to the internet. They DON’T read what we’re able to and so are kept in the dark. We need to be able to reach these ones also. I liked your idea about showing up in a truck with great big advertising on it outside a convention – but believe only a fraction would take any real notice. I remember when I was a dedicated dub (someone please pass me a bucket! ) that I would not take any notice of the "apostates". Not only that, but those in our congregation wanting out would also not take any notice, because they wanted to appear "normal". They wanted to fade without bringing attention to themselves.

Somehow, our goal has to be exploiting the media – through advertising if needs be – to reach the thousands that can’t be reached via the internet. If anyone has any ideas perhaps they’d post them here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/49371/1.ashx

Without doubt, the internet is an exDub's friend but we need to share it's content more widely.

Dansk

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I don't think so. I don't think there's anything you can do about it when someone is determined to experience it.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Below is a copy of a letter a friend of mine wrote to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Britian, based in London, regarding their position on active Jehovah's Witnesses talking with former Jehovah's Witnesses on the internet:

The Watchtower
    The Ridgeway,
    London, NW7 1RN

14/03/03

Dear WBTS,
    I am writing to ask what the Watchtower Society's view is of active Jehovah's Witnesses engaging in discussion with disassociated and disfellowshipped Jehovah's Witnesses through the medium of email, chat rooms, or internet message board forums. I would also like to know what the Society's position is on active Jehovah's Witnesses engaging in discussion through these same means with those who are known to be actively opposed to the teachings of the Watchtower.

I ask the above questions as it has come to my attention that there are a number of people claiming to be Jehovah's Witnesses who regularly visit web sites that are actively opposed to the teachings of the Watchtower and engage in discussion with ex-members and opposers.

If you could clarify what your position is on this practice, by letter, I would be most grateful.

Mr. McCann

Click here to see the Watchtower's response to this letter

http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/wtletter2.htm

• amen
    amen

They reap what they sow .

and it is not over.

amen

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Englishman,

a very interesting topic which provokes many...

serious questions.

Among the comments I do like a lot this one

"..they'd rather not mention what is going on Internet-wise,

even with respect to warning specifically about ex-jws and so

forth. I think they'd only end up arousing more curiosity in their

otherwise mushroom-like membership, who are largely kept in the

dark and fed only what the WTS wants to feed them."

Well written, and imho ...100% true.

Gordy: thanks for the letter ..and the answer!

Greetings , J.C.MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit