How Come Brooklyn Never Saw This One Coming?

by Englishman 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Englishman
    Englishman

Books and magazines all full of dire warnings..Stay away from the world..don't have sex outside of marriage..armageddon is just around the corner..avoid worldly associations..look out for this, look out for that. The list goes on and on and on.

Yet the WTBTS predictors of doom and gloom department never, ever, in their worst nightmares, ever saw what it was that would prove to be their Nemesis.

That ex-witnesses, the majority of them disfellowshipped and, therefore, supposedly gagged and without a voice, would find a way to communicate with one another via the internet.

I wonder if the fact that they brought this upon themselves is clear to them? The irony is astonishing. The WT decide that persons who have been DF'd will be rendered verbally impotent by being shunned. This then enrages the DF'd person, who sticks his 2 fingers up at dubdom, and contacts hundreds of others via sites such as this. They then use their collective strength to assist others out of the org, they also make sure that the media is aware of what is really taking place within said org.

So far, I believe, it is this collective of ex's that has exposed the NGO - UN debacle, exposed the paedophile issue and exposed the financial shennanigans of the WT.

In fact, ex-members of Jehovah's Witnesses must cause them more problems than anything else.

...So how come they never saw it coming?

Englishman.

• Matty
    Matty

Because Brooklyn rely on their intuition and interpret it as coming from Jehovah God it's very much a hit and miss affair. If God truly used the Witness religion as his spokesman he would have ensured that Brooklyn recognised the power of the web before Tim Berners-Lee even thought of it! As it is, the Watchtower society have been ineffectual Johnny-come-lately's at utilising the power of the internet.

• meat pie
    meat pie

Hello Eman, That's a very good point. When I was educating Elder D the other day he looked really sick when I told him tens or hundreds of thousands of people had info on the Org that the GB didn't want them to know, hence their fear of the internet.

I think they really have got many hoodwinked into not wanting to know, but sooner or later they must find out.

Keep well,S.

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

C'mon, we're talking about the religion that used to say aluminum foil could give you cancer...

... Damn, I feel dumb for converting.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

How come they never saw this coming?

When has this group ever seen anything coming?

Don't forget that this is the group that predicted Armageddon about a dozen times, before they finally settled on a generic apocalypse date. This is the group that can't identify the King of the North, and about a million other prophesies.

• Matty
    Matty

Well, they caught onto radio quite quickly as a means to spread the message.

• amac
    amac

What are you talking about? They've always printed cautious articles about the internet and how "dangerous" it is.

• rocketman
    rocketman

My guess is that they'd rather not mention what is going on Internet-wise, even with respect to warning specifically about ex-jws and so forth. I think they'd only end up arousing more curiosity in their otherwise mushroom-like membership, who are largely kept in the dark and fed only what the WTS wants to feed them.

• Buster
    Buster

This media is exploited best by the young. I'm not sure those fogies could have stopped anything if they had been able to see it. What're they gonna do? move to Guyana? There is no way the society will be able to insulate its young from the web. These kids are bright and know how to find information - and they're not afraid of it.

Many feel that the web will be the downfall of the WTS. Maybe so. But it is, the sad part is that it will be via family division. Children will find the truth about the truth while their parents remain oblivious and unwilling to hear. The breakup of families turns my stomach as it is. It may be necessary, but it will be sad.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

They didn't see this coming because most dubs alive today believed all the apostates (and the majority of the world, for that matter) would be whacked at Armageddon in 1975. They didn't see much past that date, of course.

Other than that, I don't think that the witnesses have ever been accused of being forethinking, progressive, on the cutting edge of technology and human achievement.

There's a definate collective intellectual, social, and emotional deficiency among the boys at Bethel, and the majority of their followers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit