This Week CLM Meeting

by zophar 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Very encouraging post!

• waton
    waton

Intelligent answer, and not Wt line. They would prefer to deny, and have the "publisher" loose credibility and avoid that door like the pest, never to be challenged, confronted again.

• Spiral
    Spiral

@Zophar: That is definitely NOT corporation policy! He must really be awake or soon will be.

Did anyone in the audience show a reaction to that, or comment on that? I would think some would be shocked by that comment.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Wow! I have never been so encouraged from a meeting part in my whole life. How ironic.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I’ve heard PIMI Dubs give comments like that before, and sorry to say, it probably means diddly squat..

I’ve been there. You hear it, you perk up. You look around.

“Did everyone hear that?!?”, you say to yourself.

NOPE. The sheeple headbob and chomp away at their spiritual banquet of regurgitated dogma.

This is no different than hearing an Eldub at an RC espouse, “The truth does not change.” He’s not even aware of his hypocrisy and delusion. After the talk, everyone says, “ I especially enjoyed that thought about....”

NOTHING CHANGES.

DD

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

If you listen to any recorded apostasy judicial hearing, or recording of a call to Bethel, the clever JW Watchtower-mind-conditioned men take this stance:

Even though you "know", state "I don't know about that" or "I'm not familiar with that". Then explain "So I can't comment on that"

This deception attempts to make the one attempting to comment on facts look unreasonable if they push the issue, because the other person cannot be expected to comment on things that they are not familiar with.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don’t know. Some JWs believe it so strongly that they can come across as sceptical. In their mind they are like, “I am so strong, I won’t be affected by apostates, bring it on.”

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It's also getting to the stage when many Jehovahs Witnesses have that very experience of going in the field ministry and being challenged, particularly with all the stuff in the press about the child abuse problem. I imagine most of them are inclined to deny everything and yes, he's right, they DO loose all credibility. Perhaps that happened to him or he observed another witness do it.

A very sensible attitude - he sounds too reasonable to remain ' asleep' for long if he isn't awake already ;-)

• Half banana
    Half banana

The gb want only company men-- but I like the sound of your thoughtful chairman Zophar!

The unspoken JW rule is: whatever you do, do not bring logic or reasoning into the congregation because its foundations will dissolve if you do that.

The only way the JW org can survive is by UNTHINKING obedience. . .

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

I remember a circuit overseer saying that if someone answered up in a part of the meeting to do with the history of the organisation and said anything that isn't consistent with current understanding that would be the same as teaching apostasy.

So if you said the famous ADV talk to advertise the Kingdom, of course they mistakenly believed that the kingdom was established in 1874, then as far as that C.O. was concerned you were out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit