This Week CLM Meeting

by zophar 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zophar
    zophar

So, this week on the CLM there was an interesting comment at our KH.

Under the "Apply Yourself To The Field Ministry" portion this week, there was the Bible Study assignment based on the publication: Who Are Doing Jehovah’s Will Today? published in 2016. The material was from Lesson 28 "What Can Be Found on Our Website? There is a footnote at the bottom that reads:

A NOTE OF CAUTION:

Some Internet sites have been set up by opposers to spread false information about our organization. Their intent is to draw people away from serving Jehovah. We should avoid those sites.​—Psalm 1:1; 26:4; Romans 16:17."

Well the Chairman commented on that footnote. He said something to the effect of:

"What if the website information is NOT False information? What if a person in the ministry who is not an apostate asks you about something they read on a website. Maybe it is something you have never heard of, what should you do? Think of the harm you cause if you vehemently say, "That is not true! That never happened!" What if it IS TRUE, it DID happen! You have lost all credibility. Make sure you know what you are talking about before you respond. If you don't know what they are talking about, then tell them that. THEN, do your own research.

Think he might be PIMO? It made me think he was sort of encouraging people to check out the report wherever it came from.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@zophar Wow. That's a very off-script thing for him to have said! It completely flies in the face of Watchtower's staunch attitude of DENY, DENY, DENY. I would have approached him afterward and tested the waters!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ZOPHAR:

I am sure there are a lot of JWs lurking on this forum. They know what is written here is true but yet they still cling to their religion. Who knows? Maybe they cannot leave..yet.

No doubt, enough JWs may have gone to the elders because something they read here struck a chord and they want reassurance about their religion. I remember back in the day hearing or learning something and mentioning it to an elder. The answer I got was not totally satisfactory and it always stuck in the back of my mind.

I couldn’t help but wonder: if this is “truth” why be so paranoid that somebody is going to say something that is going to knock me out of it.

Why else would there be a warning about other websites?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Hmmmm... he sounds like a clever guy. What he said is absolutely reasonable.

I am sure there are a lot of JWs lurking on this forum. They know what is written here is true but yet they still cling to their religion. Who knows? Maybe they cannot leave..yet.

What brought me to this forum when I was PIMI was sheer anger at the elders interfering and micromanaging every choice in my life. I came here to find a listening ear and boy did i find it!

• sir82
    sir82

Wow, that is a very dangerous statement to make from the platform.

He is almost certainly awake. Look for other signs.

Depending on the BOE, he might have gotten some strict "counsel" after the meeting.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Wow.

It won't be long now before that chairman is no longer attending meetings ...

He may already be lurking and/or posting here!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Interestingly my father brought this up with me. I wondered what it was about. I wouldn’t be surprised if the chairman got a talking too in the back room. Sounds like he will be on here soon.

• Bella Henry
    Bella Henry

His comment is good advice no matter the circumstance. Especially if the householder has read a local newspaper article about a child molester being convicted, or some lawsuit happening - the JW at the door would hopefully want to be aware of the situation or the facts before denying it and telling them they are wrong. They look so foolish doing that - anyone looks foolish denying facts they are unaware of...

And, he is probably awake ... given he was brave enough to say that publicly on the platform, I would bet he has some strategic way of explaining it without raising too many red flags...perhaps he is in broadcasting, or a journalist, or some other well respected profession.

• Sliced
    Sliced

If he's not totally awake- he may just be one of those extremely RARE JW's who has the unique ability to actually use their own brain! lol Seriously though--- if he's not awake, he soon will be with that beautiful logic!

• humbled
    humbled

I love hearing this. I hope we get to know the story as it goes along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit