Love is like God.

by The Rebel 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Cofty and Viviane, thank you both for your comments. I accept you both think my thinking is like riding a train in a second-class compartment, and off schedule.

As for Vivianes comment about my luck of education and critical thinking agreed. On this Monday morning we have the masses of office workers, and starving millions, the majority of whom also luck education and critical thinking skills. So personally I think it marvellous on this Monday morning that I am able to be at my railway station, and have the money simply to buy a ticket and get out of town.

And my freedom with this railway ticket, is to accept the farmers can teach me to milk cows, and a sailor can teach me to sail a ship, but from a scholarly point of view on God too much thinking is shit, because the philosophers be it athiest or believers in God or Love can't proove a thing in words.

Morpheus: I honestly didn't understand your comment, was it directed at me or another poster on this thread?

The Rebel

• cofty
    cofty
    too much thinking is shit

Oh dear.

• Simon
    Simon
    So the answer is yes. I trust that by drawing attention to your proselytizing for that sect (again) you will be banned (again).

Thanks - deleted

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

The Rebel " too much thinking is shit"

Cofty " Oh dear"

Well some people go on reading Nietzsche all day and night. Too much thinking can do something to a persons mind. Therefore If " too much thinking" produces nothing but cold-blooded logical calculation, which only creates inhuman distance from other humans then I would rather not think so much.

Now back to my Nietzsche, and the world of thought...I prefer walking my dog.

The Rebel.

• bradford
    bradford

I wondered why this thread garnered 8 pages of comments but quickly realized that is precisely what happens when rediculous comparisons are made.

We all know that GOD IS LOVE. The bible is clear about love being Jehovah's cardinal attribute. <end of sarcasm>

A more fitting comparison would be God is like the monster under your bed as a small child. It's not real, induces fear, and can make you sound rediculous when you tell people about it.

But hey, at least belief in a god has helped society throughout the centuries to make humans more loving towards one another.

• cofty
    cofty
    If " too much thinking" produces nothing but cold-blooded logical calculation ...

It doesn't.

It fills me with a sense of awe and wonder at the magnificence of life, the universe and everything.

It also helps me understand why millions of believers prefer the comfort of superstitions to reality.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

bradford " we all know that God is Love"

Maybe? I don't personally agree. But who cares? Better If people can share the sip of that beer in your icon. And the more sips we share together, the more I realise the betterment of society is based on friendship not intellectual or religious questions that have no answers.

The Rebel " To much thinking is shit"

Cofty" it also helps me to understand why millions of believers prefer the comfort of superstitions to reality"

the Rebel ( A) Millions of believers and non believers may prefer to inhale and exhale the breath and the beauty of being alive, to " intellectual" thinking that is nothing more than the monotonous adding up of numbers. They can still appreciate " the wonder and magnificence of life, the universe and everything" perhaps often even more so?

The Rebel.

• cofty
    cofty

I have no idea what your point is.

There is a tendency towards intellectual laziness among a significant number of ex-JWs. Very sad when there are so many amazing things to be learned and so little time.

Presenting knowledge as the antithesis of appreciating the beauty of the world is a con-trick.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Cofty " I have no idea what your point is"

The Rebel (A) Simply put my point is being alive is the sublimation of all that is good in life. This is why I think too much thinking takes us to the fantazy asylum, where everything depends on " my wish rhymes".

So my point is, I am alive, and my being alive does not depend on what either " YOU" or the " W.T" define as truth. Also the stronger voice can often emulate Nazism, and that voice in my country 20 years ago was homosexuality is wrong. ( Did you agree with that 20 years ago? How many other times have you been 100% sincerely wrong?) Having jumped that hurdle of having been so right so many times, then proven wrong so many times, I think for me without scientific evidence God should be a strictly a private affair. ( Organised religion is another matter)

The Rebel.

• cofty
    cofty
    being alive is the sublimation of all that is good in life

Eh?

I think too much thinking takes us to the fantazy asylum, where everything depends on " my wish rhymes".

Once again. Eh?

the stronger voice can often emulate Nazism

Now you have completely lost me.

I think without scientific evidence God is strictly a private affair

No it isn't. There is zero evidence for a god and overwhelmingly compelling evidence against.

The assertion that the god of theism exits is a claim about the nature of reality that can and has been tested scientifically. Your refusal to consider the evidence is not relevant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit