Love is like God.

by The Rebel 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

OpenCrow on your second post on this thread you said " Well Goodbye" Be true to those words.

I now look forward to Coftys reply to my comments, they are maybe not an opinion I share, but at least an opinion I can respect.

The Rebel.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Wow. Rebel, you must be a real piece of work to live with. It doesn't matter what someone says, you twist it around so you are blameless. In case you have already forgot...you were the one who said you were leaving first. My goodbye was only a polite response to your statement that you were going.

But, you are right in this case - I am leaving. You remind me too much of assholes I used to be married to.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    If God is like a musician playing in the dark, we can't see him but can hear the music then I would have to say by what I have heard and seen then God is pure evil. Please don't equate God with love, I have more love in the tip of my little finger then God has, if he's real, in his whole being.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

OpenCrow I am married young, but we " survived" 25 years, and we love and accept each other for our faults, we also love our boy and he can be athiest,believer, gay, straight.. and if that makes me and my wife assholes, then let me tell you about the fight and breaking free from the indoctrination that controlled our life's . So take your goodbye to the crap you talked on my "Richard Glossip" thread.

And if Cofty you read my Richard Glossip thread from when I started it 2 weeks ago with the impossible outcome that twise since happened .Yes impossible? Was the outcome less impossible than you being wrong? So my questions and comments to you on my EARLIER POST are RESPECTIVLY anticipated from a different perspective.

The Rebel.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"Sabin: Those words were beautiful. True, scientists can tell us the "how", but not the "why". My children are crying becase they desparately want me to love them. I just don't have the time to mess with them. Oh, I forgot, I will just take them to the lab and have them give my children a dose of those "love" chemicals in the syringe. Just saying..."

you are actually making the proper point, albiet sarcastically and by mistake. You can take a child to the lab and give him or her the proper chemicals to feel exactly what ylu describe as love. It would be exactly as satisfying and exactly as enjoyable. Orgasiums can be created with great intensity with stimulation to the proper part of the brain....

My point being, the feelings we describe as love or religious feeling or anyother are very much the result of chemicals in our bodies. They can in fact be duplicated by synthetic substances, more than one way to skin a cat as it were. Id rather my kids feel love from me than from a bottle, id rather screw a a real woman than have my brain stimulated amd id rather worship Thor than the god of the bible.

Taking your personal chemical reactions and citing them as proof of god is proof of nothing more than a religious feeling shared by all mammals accross a variety of experiances that dont share a common theme. Its not god. Its biology.

• vinman
    vinman

So from what I read: Atheists and Theists have no reason to argue. It is just a matter of a chemical imbalance. That imbalance is found on the side you choose to disagree with. Like in my opinion Theist= H2O Flowing, life giving, refreshing, useful. Atheist= HO explosive and death dealing.

• cofty
    cofty

Rebel - I'm rushing around today. Just on our way out for a meal but I will respond later.

For the moment you asked me to prove the god of theism does not exist.

Here is one of my best efforts in that regard....

I promise it's worth your time.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks Cofty, much appreciated. ( As this thread has grown longer than I anticipated, those questions are on page two of this thread)

The Rebel.

• Sabin
    Sabin

My dear Morpheus, I do so apologize if you thought my words were directed at you personally I assure you they were not. I just made a statement of how I personally feel about the younger generation. There is a beauty in the simple way children see things as adults when we express an appreciation for that as apposed to correcting them all the time then we encourage them to explore more & learn their own truths be it God or not. This is something the WTBTS neglects to realise, they do not understand Jesus words to become like a child.

I hope that I have explained myself better, I in way wished to suggest you were lacking in humility.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    The Rebel

People become atheists for superficial reasons such as having no satisfactory answer for the question: why God does not stop evil? This is like concluding there is no barber because I saw a man with a beard. Such reasoning may seem good like that of an innocent person who declares: “I like moon because it gives me light when we have darkness. But I don’t like sun, because it comes when I am already in light.”

Evil should exist if people choose for it. If we take meaning of certain words in ancient languages such as Sanskrit, it shows that system was perfect on earth when humans’ thinking was perfect. The very word for soul is atma (literally means “I am without darkness”) figuratively means “I am without ego” as I am a light of knowledge, minuter than the minutest, yet unlimited in qualities. From this word came the Greek word atom which found its way into English too. The same concept can be seen in the word individual (from Latin, indivisible) which also suggests the concept of soul being minuter than the minutest, hence not perceptible to the physical senses or equipments. Hence all these words hint at the concept that we are souls which is like a driver of this physical body. If our body is enlarged, it would look like a literal kingdom with soul as its king (just like universe and God as its king)

Indian system says the first half of the history was of humans who lived like gods, and that sysem grew to the size of a population was 333.33 million. During this period there was no evil, no suffering. Because system was this: key to happiness is to do good to yourself and others. When you become egoistic, you think of doing good to yourself and your dear ones which would often mean you would have to hurt others. This is what evil means. When evil appears, suffering ensues. It will be reflected in the nature also. So now is the second half of the time cycle where you find evil existing, and God doing nothing about. God’s rule is to recreate heaven on earth whenever humans reconvert it into hell and make life extremely difficult for others to live. What is the proof? Again a word in ancient language—aaram which means rest. It is a combination of two words aa = come + ram = god which means the world will have real peace only when God comes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit