This morning's magazine trolley encounter..

by GodZoo 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    GodZoo, you should record these conversations.
  • GodZoo
    GodZoo
    Surely laying blame on two smiling sisters wasn't the way to go.

I did not blame them for anything. Neither was there any argument. You seem to be scripting your own version of events.

I merely asked them questions. But as we know with witnesses this is not allowed.

GodZoo, you should record these conversations.

I think I may start filming these encounters..

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I'm beginning to think that this trolley witnessing is a good thing after all. It gives us a better opportunity to catch a witness out there than merely waiting for them to come to our door.

If there are enough encounters of this kind then trolley witnessing might become a fearful thing for those who melt at the mere mention of "apostates".

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

SecretSlaveClass asked if there are any trolleys in New York? There are too many carts in New York City !!

In some subway stations there's two and three in the same station right across from each other.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Well, I guess it depends on who the individuals are that are in the public with a cart display. I know some that just stand there meekly, and smile, and I know some that can talk circles around someone and right or wrong they can certainly win arguments. It depends on who you get that day. Sometimes you'll win the battle, but who is winning the war? Where will you be 20 years from now? The JW's will surely be here and still smilling
  • Petraglyph
    Petraglyph
    umbertoecho: That number has climbed to about 5,000 now. Abused that is.

Do you have a written reference for this? This will mean a recalculation of the worldwide extrapolation and the potential liability for WT in Australia.

• fiddler
    fiddler
    I went to a Farmer's Market with a friend last night and just before we were ready to head back to the car I spotted a trolley tucked up under a booth. An older guy with a frown and another man were sitting beside it. I didn't notice much about the other guy but the look on the older ones face stuck with me...he didn't look too happy. This particular Farmer's market was in a university town and had a lot of students shopping and manning booths encouraging everything from organic farming to getting out and voting. It is also home to a fair amount of what I would lovingly call, 'aging hippies'. The musical duo playing were probably both in their 60's and playing some pretty good renditions of CCR and 70's - 90's rock. All in all it was a very positive and upbeat bunch of folks...except for the frowning old JW. I didn't say anything to him. I figured that everyone walking by with smiles on their faces were informing him with all he needed at the time. Sad.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Will the JWtrolleys still be here in 20 years time, if everybody on this site was to take as many teaching books from the trolleys that they could then things would be vastly different.if there are 2000 people on this site and we all take one book a day for 6 days and dispose of it that would be 12,000 books in just one week.If you say with paper and ink and transport that each book costs about $3 that would be $36,000 in just one week.Does the borg have enough money to replace them or would they try to find old books from somewhere well in the citys that i go to they have been doing that for the last 10 months anyway and if we keep going they will run out of those as well and then even if they print single page tracts that will still cost them money

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit