This morning's magazine trolley encounter..

by GodZoo 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    Millions now Living will never die. So the Judge was wrong on that one, eh. At least he wasn't blessing the Arm's that other Religious Leaders were doing during the two major wars.

Pardon?

I think you miss the whole point.

It's not just the 'Millions Will never Die' issue.. it's connected to the whole generation crap that Armageddon was a matter of a few years away rubbish. Just this fact by itself confirms that the governing body whoever and whenever they are claiming to be the mouthpiece of God are NOT and CAN NOT be directed by Jesus or God and neither are they spirit led and can not simply be describe as 'opps they were a little wrong.'

That in itself is massive.

I find it less easy to excuse them as you seem to do..

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    The Judge was not taking up arms, he was making false prophecies in the name of Jesus. That makes his message a lie and equates to false religion. You cannot dismiss that fundamental truth about the Judge /generation doctrine and proclaim to follow God's word, the bible.
  • mana11
    mana11

With the amount of information out in the open who in their right minds would want to take a hit from strangers standing with nowhere to run with a cart in hand. The more we do it the harder it will be for them to continue.

The more we press them the less they will be able to find publishers wanting to man these carts.

• cofty
    cofty
    The more we press them the less they will be able to find publishers wanting to man these carts.

I agree. When I can spare the time I never walk past a cart without stopping to ask a few awkward questions. Being asked about hiding pedophiles makes them especially uncomfortable.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I draw a line at manning those literature carts. Have gotten out of it many times. I really dislike that preaching method!

SL

• sir82
    sir82

As more and more people confront the cart witnesses like this, polite but bringing up "inconvenient truths", there will be more and more apathy by the JWs to volunteer to man the carts.

Like just about everything the JWs try, it will slowly fizzle away into failure.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I'm not trying to defend that "Millions Now Living", theme or talk. You're right, it was probably designed to support the end is close concept. That is not as bad as blessing weapons to kill other nations. Surely layong blame on two smiling sisters wasn't the way to go.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    I guess what I'm trying to say in this topic, is that those two JW's were told to smile and not to engage in an argument. Even if they dissagree/agree with the errors of the WT, they were told that they cannot stand there and win arguments. That is something that is hard to do. I really feel for them. Sometimes they are used as target practice by some who have a bone to pick with the Org.
  • cofty
    cofty

Anybody who puts themselves in the public square to promote the cult and recruit new victims is fair game.

Be calm and polite but never apologise for asking them to answer for the lies of their beloved leaders.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

What cofty said. If you are willing to be a "witness" you should expect to be subjected to "cross examination".

LRG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit