Can't stand the weight I've gained on my anti-depressant....

by berylblue 20 Replies latest social physical

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Dear Rosemarie,

Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in about Wellbutrin. I like it and I've been taking it for several years. It's the only one that doesn't make me want to eat 24/7, sleep 24/7 nor interferes with my orgasms. The downsides I have experienced are taking it past mid-afternoon as it will interfere with my sleep. And the price -$280 (#60 200mg SR) was what I was quoted. According to my doc, it does nothing for anxiety however (which I didn't think I seriously had). She prescribed Buspar, then Klonopin in addition to the Wellbutrin. I have felt the best I ever had!

I haven't taken Remeron, but my 2 daughters did. It helped their depression, but they felt the need to eat constantly; rapid weight gain followed. When they changed meds, the eating and weight gain tapered off. I agree with the other posters to use the weight gain in your routine. And speak to your doc when you can regarding your meds. What works for one doesn't always work for another, as I'm sure you're finding out.

Very best wishes on your performance. I admire your courage to go out and persue your dream! That often times is the very best medicine. Good Luck!!!! ((((((((((((Rosemarie))))))))))))))

Theresa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit