Just a short break

by rebel 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

You've got to do what you think is right. It's your life. But consider carefully whether letting others make life decisions FOR you is how yo really want to live your life.

Good luck.

• rebel
    rebel

Thank you for your kind words and support. Husband at work so I am 'safe' to post.

I have been thinking a lot about what you all said - I don't want to change my screen name just to please some people.

My 'friend' has been having doubts about the society for some time. Her husband and two teenage sons are not JWs, so she is lucky in a way. We have looked at this board together over the past couple of months and it was only last weekend I told her I was rebel. She said she mentioned it to my husband because she felt guilty knowing and thought he ought to know.

Hubby looked at the board (for all of 2 seconds) - and said I was the lowest of the low IF I carried on posting. Well, I am going to carry on. I don't think I have done anything wrong. He hasn't turned me in to the elders, although if he ever does, I don't really care. Sarah ('friend') may well inform on me - I don't know yet. But I am sick of living my life in fear of what other peole think. I hate this control and I am damned if I am going to let this organisation have any more control over me.

Sarah is pretty weak and I think she has the hots for my hubby (I have many reasons to believe this). Well, to be honest, although this may have bothered me some years back, now I just feel sorry for her. She wants out of the organisation but doesn't have the guts to do anything about it - another victim of the cult.

My husband isn't all bad - he is just so 'in' the 'troof' that he cannot see the wood for the trees. I hope I can make him see that this is not the one and only God-chosen organisation, but deep down, I doubt it.

I love each and every one of you for giving me the love and support that was always missing in all my years as a JW. You are such a fantastic bunch of people and, although I only know you via this board, you mean more to me than I can say.

Much Love

xxRoz

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((((rebel)))))

Sorry for the hassles you are getting. Hope things get easier for you soon.

• blondie
    blondie

Rebel, what a situation. I know I would miss your insightful posts. Too bad you confided in your "friend." I have found that few people can bear the pressure. I confided in God. So far he hasn't ratted me out.

Blondie (who loves your posts)

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    DO NOT TRUST ANYONE!!!

Damn strait...one of life's hardest lessons. No one can be trusted.

Don't worry too much about your husband. Remember, you have to do what is right for you and you only. If your heart hurts, being a witness, then follow what you most need to follow.

My husband isn't all bad - he is just so 'in' the 'troof' that he cannot see the wood for the trees. I hope I can make him see that this is not the one and only God-chosen organisation, but deep down, I doubt it.

Still, hold out hope. Strange things can happen. His heart could change overnight. Always try to help him understand what unconscienable bastards they are.

ash

• rebel
    rebel

Angharad,

Just a quick thank you and a query.

How does one go about donating to the upkeep of this site if they do not want to give their full details - eg. credit card?

Is there I way I can donate and remain anonymous (especially at the present time with everyone on my back) such as a postal order or something or some other means? I asked this before on another post but I think it got lost amongst all the replies.

I fully realise that without courageous people like you and Simon, people like me would be floundering and wouldn't know which way to turn. You are both true diamonds.

Love

xxR

• rebel
    rebel

By the way, my email is [email protected]

xxR

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Sarah ('friend') may well inform on me - I don't know yet. But I am sick of living my life in fear of what other people think. I hate this control and I am damned if I am going to let this organisation have any more control over me. Sarah is pretty weak and I think she has the hots for my hubby (I have many reasons to believe this).

GOOD FOR YOU, ROZ!

Well, if your suspicions about your "friend" are correct, it’s little wonder she told your husband. Obviously, she cannot now be trusted with ANYTHING!

We don’t know your husband, but assuming he is a generally good person he is only acting in the way expected of a good Dub (though calling you the lowest of the low is outrageous)! It’s hard lifting the veil, but we’re all here for you.

Love,

Dansk, Physio and Boys

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit