"Jehovah" and the less emphasized "Jesus." WHY?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Because Jehovah is meaner and crueler than Jesus. The Old testament deity Jehovah has a vicious temper that flares up over trifle infractions and is super judgmental, were as Jesus tells us to stop judging people.

Jehovah fits in better with scare tactics to keep the believers in subjection to the watchtower corporation than a merciful nonjudgmental Jesus.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    What do you think is the real reason WTBTS ( the organization) uses/over uses the name Jehovah?

Lame attempt at standing out and being different. A great deal of what that organization offers is "information" and "knowledge" that no other people in the world are supposed to have. A lot of what catches people attention is that they teach different things from the same Bible. It's part of their branding and marketing.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Jehovah's Witnesses are only permitted to absorb and apply the scriptures in ways which their hierarchy dictate.

The post below should bring it home to r&f JW's that they are being seriously diverted from what the Bible really teaches.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4885250786197504/what-org-teaches-8-jehovahs-witnesses-our-scriptural-name

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Rules and Regs truly believed in the life of Jesus. I really enjoyed reading all the parables. I loved all his sayings. His load was light, help widows and orphans, do unto other as you would have them do unto you, forgive each other, do not become anxious about tomorrow...etc. etc. These were sayings that lead me to get baptized.

Then came the governing busybodies

Now, I don't believe in the Bible or Jesus. Since he was replaced by the WTBTS, Jesus became a stranger who I no longer knew or cared about!

You took the words right out of my mouth Rules and Regulations.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Appearing contrarian and counter-cultural whilst still remaining "Christian" and authoritarian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit