What the Org Teaches #8 "Jehovah's Witnesses" is Our Scriptural Name!

by The Searcher 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

#8 "Jehovah's Witnesses" is Our Scriptural Name!

Jehovah's Witnesses are taught (and believe) by their hierarchy in Brooklyn that the name of their religion is based on the Bible itself.

A little bit of research comprehensively reveals that the statement which was written in Isaiah 43:10 about the Jewish nation 700 years before Christians appeared, has been corruptly and un-scripturally adopted as a "God-given" name.

#8 "Jehovah's Witnesses" is Our Scriptural Name!

w95 5/15 p. 19 pars. 14-15 Part 1—Flashes of Light—Great and Small - "In 1931 a bright flash of truth revealed to those Bible Students a fitting Scriptural name....... they also began to appreciate that the name that they themselves had taken—International Bible Students—did not do them justice........Therefore, it was most appropriate that the Bible Students should adopt the name found at Isaiah 43:10." (and ignore the cascade of scriptures which say otherwise!)

jv chap. 11 p. 155, 156 - How We Came to Be Known as Jehovah’s Witnesses - "What name would be in harmony with the way God was in fact using them?" ".......we are students of the Bible, but, as a body of Christians forming an association,... we refuse to bear or to be called by the name of any man; (even Jesus Christ?) "that we are servants of Jehovah God commissioned to do a work in his name, therefore we joyfully embrace and take the name which the mouth of the Lord God has named, and we desire to be known as and called by the name, to wit, Jehovah’s witnesses.- Isa. 43:10-12."*

w50 5/15 pp. 148-149 pars. 12-13 Living Up to the Name - "Jehovah’s witnesses cannot properly be called by the name of any....man. They can be identified only by the name of the only one they represent, who is Jehovah God,.....The clergy of Christendom and millions of their religious followers claim to be Christians. They are not living up to the name. By claiming to be Christians, they assume the obligation to witness to Jehovah’s name....They take the name Christian, but do they measure up to it? No! They decline to be witnesses of Jehovah.

"What Does the Bible Really Teach?

Isaiah 62:2 - "... be called by a new name, which the very mouth of Jehovah will designate."

Acts 11:26 - "the disciples were by divine providence called Christians."

Matthew 10:18 - ".....for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations.

Mark 13:9 - "......before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them."

Luke 24: 47,48 - "....and on the basis of his [Jesus'] name....You are to be witnesses....."

John 1:15 - "John bore witness about him..." [JESUS]

John 5:37 - "the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me."

John 8:18 - "the Father who sent me bears witness about me."

John 15:26,27 - "the spirit will bear witness about me; and YOU in turn, are to bear witness."

Acts 1:8 - "You [11 faithful apostles] will be witnesses of me...."

Acts 4:17,18 - ...upon the basis of this (Jesus') name .... upon the basis of the name of Jesus.

Acts 10:39 - "And we are witnesses of all the things he [Jesus] did..."

Acts 10:43 - "To him [Jesus] all the prophets bear witness....."

Acts 13:31 - "who are now his (Jesus') witnesses to the people.

Acts 22:15 - "because you are to be a witness for him [Jesus] to all men......"

Acts 22:20 - "......the blood of Stephen your [Jesus'] witness was being spilled..."

Acts 23:11 - "..... a thorough witness on the things about me in Jerusalem..."

Acts 26:16 - "I [Jesus]..choose you as an attendant and a witness.. respecting me"

Romans 8:16 - "The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit..."

1 Corinthians 1:6 - "even as the witness about the Christ..........."

1 Timothy. 2:6 - "......what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times."

2 Timothy 1:8 - "............of the witness about our Lord.. [Christ]"

1 John 5:9 - "the witness God gives...the fact that he has borne witness concerning his Son."

Revelation 1:9 - "....for speaking about God and bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 12:17 - ".......and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 17:6 - "........and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus."

Revelation 19:10 - ".....the work of witnessing to Jesus.... bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 20:4 - "............ for the witness they bore to Jesus."

John 3:18 - "....he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God"

Acts 2:38 - "......be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ...."

Acts 3:6 - "In the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·rene´, walk!"

Acts 4:10 - ".......in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·rene......"

Acts 8:16 - ".......been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus."

Acts 9:27 - ".....and how in Damascus he had spoken boldly in the name of Jesus."

Acts 10:48 - "With that he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ."

Acts 16:18 - ""I order you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her."

Acts 19:5 - "On hearing this, they got baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus."

1 Corinthians 1:2 - "....with all who....are calling upon the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ...."

James 2:7 - "They blaspheme the fine name by which YOU were called, do they not"?

1 Peter 4:14,16 - "If YOU are being reproached for the name of Christ, YOU are happy.... But if [he suffers] as a Christian, let him not feel shame......but let him keep on glorifying God in this name."

In whose name were Christians to witness? (see all of the above!)

For whose name would Christians be hated? (Matt. 10:22)

By whose name were people healed? (Acts 3:6; Acts 4:10)

By whose name were demons expelled? (Luke 10:17; Acts 16:18)

By whose name would people receive Holy Spirit? (John 14:26)

In whose name would people pray to God? (John 15:16)

By whose name would people be called? (Isa. 62:2; Acts 11:26)

By whose name would people be reconciled to God? (Rom. 5:10; 2 Cor. 5:18)

By whose name would people be forgiven their sins? (Matt. 26:28; Acts 2:38; Eph. 1:7)

In whose name would people be judged? (John 5:27)

By whose name would people be resurrected (John 5:28)

In whose name would people be baptized? (Acts 2:38, 8:16, 10:48, 19:5, 22:16)

In whose name were people to put faith? (John 2:23)

In whose name was Saul/Paul commissioned to preach? (Acts 9:14-16)

For whose name would Christians be reproached? (1 Peter 4:14)

In whose name were Christians to gather together? (Matt. 18:20)

For whose name would Christians make sacrifices? (Matt. 19:29)

For whose name would Christians be persecuted and killed? (Luke 21:12,16,17)

In whose name will every knee in heaven and on earth bend? (Philippians 2:10)

By whose name would people be declared righteous? (1 Cor. 6:11)

In whose name would Christians offer a sacrifice of praise? (Hebrews 13:15)

When I was a "Bible study", my study conductor brought the Circuit Overseer to see me.

The C.O. said that "if a person refuses to accept three scriptures as proof during a topic of discussion, then don't waste your time offering more scriptures, because they clearly don't want to see the truth."

So here are my three favourites out of all of the scriptural proofs:

Acts 1:8 - "You will be witnesses of me [not my Father!]....to the most distant part of the earth"

Acts 22:15 - "because you are to be a witness for him [Jesus - not God!] to all men......"

Revelation 12:17 - ".......and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus." [not God!]

The name of Jesus Christ was most definitely to be the focus for Christians - according to the Bible!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    The Searcher: The name of Jesus Christ was most definitely to be the focus for Christians - according to the Bible!

Yeah...that is why the word is Christian and not Jehovian

• blondie
    blondie

And if you use Isaiah 43:10-12, that only refers to Israelites and then can only correspond to spiritual Israelites, the 144,000, so the non-anointed members of the WTS do not qualify.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And the context of Isaiah promoted things like: wars in gods name, misogyny, slavery etc....so should we all be "witnesses" and imitators of that behaviour too?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

All good points!

Coming at this from a slightly different angle, we have the argument from Tony Wills, author of "A People for His Name: A History of Jehovah's Witnesses and an Evaluation," that the only real "naming" authorized for God's People is found in Isaiah 62:3-5 (NIV):

"You will be a crown of splendor in the Lord’s hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God. No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the Lord will take delight in you, and your land will be married. As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you."

So the name should NOT be "Jehova's Witnesses," but "Hephzibah".

Really rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So the name should NOT be "Jehova's Witnesses," but "Hephzibah"......NN

Evidently Hephzibah is spelled incorrectly....

It should be spelled Hephzibahtitis C..

Apparently Hephzibahtitis C

Is The Ancient Name For..

Image result for hepatitis c

Jehovah`s Witnesses should be called..

"Hepatitis C Witnesses"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

LOL, Outlaw!

You had to really s-t-r-e-t-c-h for that one, but you got it!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Nate!!..

• KateWild
    KateWild

Outlaw, you're a case. You always cheer me up. Especially when I am sick. Thank you.

P.S.

Create a facebook account.

• prologos
    prologos
    Blondie: "And if you use Isaiah 43:10-12, that only refers to Israelites and then can only correspond to spiritual Israelites, the 144,000, so the non-anointed members of the WTS do not qualify.
    unquote, comment: and even that only if you accept that all members of the 12 tribes of Israel are not Israelites, natural or spiritual, and not the 12 000 sealed ones that come out of them-- another misreading by wt of the "holy" writings. (Rev, 7. )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit