New England Apostafest

by beckyboop 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Well, I had a great time in Texas meeting so many people and making friends. It can't hurt to make more friends.

New England isn't that far away for me so it might be worth the drive. come up, have a drink, talk and then drive home. sounds like a perfect way to spend Memorial Day.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I would love to come if I can swing it.Maybe sisteract would let me hitch a ride with her.:) I'm a little shy,but I think it would be fun.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Good chance we might be able to come up for it...keep us posted!

• neyank
    neyank

I might be able to make it.

neyank

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Neyank, Neon Madman, and Slippy, I hope you can come! Last year we had a couple drive down on their bikes from Maine, and had a nice drive. We are only a few hours away from a lot of places in New England, so hopefully we'll have a diverse group covering a lot of territory. As I get an idea of how many might come, we'll figure out the best place to meet up.

Bittersweet, please don't let being shy stop you--it is amazing to meet others who've been through very similar situations. Hopefully Sister Act can help you here--she's a great person!

I'm getting excited! Thanks for responding,

Becky

• detective
    detective

Hmmm.

I'd have to go on the sly. And maybe wear a bag over my head (which is often requested of me by friends and associates anyway... though I'm sure I don't know why!)

I'm soooo close. I really would love to go. But how to explain my absence to my out-but-still-"in"-in-the-head-JW friend? I know he wouldn't be into it- too difficult for him at this point. But I'd sure love to get him to a place where he can really TALK to people who understand.

I'd still like to know details if possible...just in case!

Detective

([email protected])

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Detective, if you come, we promise not to make you wear a bag on your head! But we will make you wear a big letter A....just kidding! Seriously, we'd love to have you and your friend, but if you feel the other person wouldn't be up to anything that big email me and maybe we could get together at a different time. My boyfriend has not ever been a jw, so it wouldn't be as overwhelming maybe. My email is [email protected].

I will keep everyone posted as I start getting a good idea of numbers!

Becky

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Did you get my email? I'm definitely planning on coming. Just let me know the details. It will be good to see everyone again.

• detective
    detective

Becky, I'm a non-er too! Never have been a JW, never will be a JW. But I have definitely been affected by them in one way or another. Long,but not particularly unique, story. If I can get away unnoticed then I'd really like to stop by. That is, if a "non" like me is welcome.

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Red Horse Woman, You have mail! I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.

Detective, Of course you are welcome whether or not you've been a jw. There are many people out there who've been affected by the crap, so please come! And seriously, if your friend wouldn't feel comfortable coming to the party, email me and we can meet up at a different time. Hopefully he'll feel comfortable doing that, and maybe it will help him.

Becky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit