New England Apostafest

by beckyboop 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Hello to all,

Last year on Memorial Day a group of about 14 East Coast ex-jw's met together in Providence RI. I had the pleasure of being able to have most of them back to our apartment for dessert, and thoroughly enjoyed meeting local people with a similar background. I was able to meet Zev, Somebody, Red Horse Woman, Scumrat, Sister Act, Doc Bob & his wife, as well as others whom I can't remember their online names.

This year, I would like to get another group together on Memorial Day again, and hopefully we'll get even more of a response this year. I will probably try to find a place around Warwick RI, which is about 20 minutes south of Providence. If anyone is interested in coming, feel free to email me with an identifying subject line. Depending on the amount of interest and if anyone is coming from out-of-town, I can list names of local hotels etc.

The variety of beaches are beautiful, and there's lots of great food due to the many different cultures in the area. I hope to get to meet more of you who post here, and look forward to the party.

Becky

• flower
    flower

I'd love to go..keep me posted on the details.

I dont see your email address. Mine's [email protected]

:)

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Hi flower and thanks for responding! As I figure out the details based on how many start showing interest, I'll post them on the forum.

Sorry about my email--it used to be on the old version of the forum, and I haven't checked to see if you can still do that. Anyway, it's [email protected]. Where are you? I live in Coventry RI, but I'm not originally from this area. I look forward to meeting more ex-jw's.

Becky

• flower
    flower

Becky,

Thanks!

I live in Waltham, MA but I'm not originally from here either :)

• zev
    zev

add 2 to the list.

i'll confirm via email.

• sisteract
    sisteract

Hi Becky,

We'd love to be able to attend the Apostafest in RI again this year!!!! Keep us posted and hope you are well.

Your friends, Sisteract and Scumrat

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Flower, I'm looking forward to meeting you. Although I don't post a lot, I do like to read the forum occasionally so I'll make sure to take notice of your posts.

Zev & Somebody, Thanks for the email! I'm really excited about doing this, and will let you know if there is something you can guys can do for to help. I'll email more as I can. Talk to you soon!

Sister Act & Scumrat, I'm glad you guys will be coming too! Last year was so much fun, and I'm sure this year will be too. Just being able to talk to others in person and share our experiences is so helpful to me. Hope we get to see you guys soon,

Thanks for your responses!

Becky

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

bttt for newcomers!

Becky

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Memorial Day, eh?

Mark Slippy as tenative...

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Yup Slippy, Memorial Day. Do you live in New England, or are you going to be visiting then? Hope to meet you in person sometime.

Becky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit