Is Global Warming One of the Most Important Issues To You!

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Yes. We are in the throes of a change that will make life very, very hard for most life on this planet. And it's not just another "doomsday cult," but sound science. Period.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Global Warming is the last thing on my mind. A while back I did take a look into it and discovered why the earth is heating up, and it is not just the earth, but our whole solar system. Global warming/global cooling it's been that way since the beginning of time. Now if one wants to do something about global issues, pollution though is an altogether different subject.

• minimus
    minimus

Interesting thread!👍

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I didn't have children or grandchildren so it matters a a lot less to me than it probably should. It's human nature to become motivated only by what can be explained simply and effects them and loved ones short term. Add the natural resistance to change and its no surprise that many Americans have no interest in being convinced. Look at how many people still deny smoking is harmful. If having relatives and friends die cannot convince people I don't no what will. Yet we all know someone. I've had smokers assert that that the cancer research was a hoax and people likely died from something else like the paper that used to be used or some such foolishness. Then you have smokers who say stupid things like, "You gotta go sometime". Its about the same with green house gas global warming.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

When I said I agreed with a cyclic thing from the Sun that also meant their would be a cooling off period as well in the cycle.

I see climate change and global warming /cooling going hand in hand with each other over a period of many, many years in a cyclic pattern.

In the whole scheme of things we haven`t been monitoring the Earths temperature /weather patterns anywhere near long enough to make the judgements that are being made today.

Maybe this century the earth is warming up by 1 or 2 degrees , maybe next century the earth will be cooling by 1 to 3 degrees , who knows ?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm more concerned about the amount of plastic crap floating about in the ocean. I've won an award by designing art made from flotsam gathered from a beach thousands of miles away from where any of the components of my sculpture were manufactured.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I believe the climate is changing but it always has. Humans has made a mess of this earth in many ways from poor farming practices, corporations dirting our water and air and humans in general in what we do live our lifes. There are forces out there we still do not understand but I feel we could do more. I say this because of selfish reasons because I have grand children and I would hope they will have a full life free of these worries. It most likely a pipe dream but I can dream.

Big problem is to many people and until this is adressed we will continue to over use this planet. Still Totally ADD

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

No, it's all a hoax.

The science community is conspiring against humanity. Also scientists who study these things all their lives, know much less than you and me about Global warming.

Bring back "clean coal" jobs, since evidently that is the future. Also there is no evidence that carbon increases the temperature of the planet. It's a Chinese hoax, and the Chinese are paying off all scientists in the world about this.

Also Trump never lies, and Putin is a great leader.

Happy now?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^ sounds like the ranting of a stroppy teenager ...

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Living in the Québec Laurentians and being mid fifties I have witnessed a huge transformation in our climate. Rainstorms in winter, flooding and unprecedented heat waves. Reliance on AC and seasonal shifts.

Urban sprawl in my area is unreal as well.

So yes it's a concern of mine and I do my best to avoid being wasteful and recycle where I can. Mind you Québec is years behind the rest of the country in recycling glass, cardboard, plastics etc.

It's seems it's all good until it's right in your own backyard.

NIMBY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit