Is Global Warming One of the Most Important Issues To You!

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Just curious.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

None at all coz I have my plate full of other problems to deal with closer to home n with family, health, finance etc.What happens to the world will happen to me too, I cant escape it by worrying. But ofcourse I do conscienciously do all I can to make this planet a better place by taking care of how I live n the surroundings.

I recycle as much as possible, I donate as much as possible, pick up litter, plastic ,cans etc walking down the street. We have a group of volunteers who go around our town once or twice a month picking up litter, cleaning places where people throw trash.

We go around collecting fruit n vege's from people who have had a too much harvest n want to get shut of the bounty. We take this and share it to the homeless.

I plant trees on special days in the year in memory of loved ones.

I make little homes for birds,n other animals so that they can find a place to live (not large animals though).If I find any animal in need I look after it.

I try not to waste energy, fuel, needlessly. I try to walk to places or bike it.

I try to reuse everything in innovative ways that they dont get thrown out jsut after one use.It is exhausting but the satisfaction of saving the planet in my little ways is par everything else.

Its a long list of things I do in my way .May not be helping global warming or otherwise but yes trying to conserve n waste less.

Sorry if its too long.

Zing

• minimus
    minimus

U r a good citizen!

• waton
    waton

yes. it is I would like to surf without a wet suit. rubber- encasement in any worthwhile endeavour takes away the pure pleasure

• LV101
    LV101

Yes, but I want the facts/evidence. I'm very concerned about the ocean life dying right now from the homeless horror in so cal.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

It's a huge issue regardless of which side you are on, It's either a potential global catastrophe or the one of the biggest cons ever pulled.

RB

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I was raised in a doomsday cult. I'm not in a hurry to join another one. They talk the same, they badmouth their skeptics the same and if they are right, I'd like to be able to grow tropical fruit without moving to the tropics.

• zeb
    zeb

'onya zing! me too almost the same.

Onya: trans. Australian slang for Good On You.

• zeb
    zeb

A former head of the Czech republic a professor in Physics wrote ana ccount on this subject and revealed that Mars and Venus are also showing temperature increases.

So unless they are cutting down all their trees and driving big V8 cars there is some thing else at work. He suggested it a cyclic thing from the Sun.

and yes I agree that us humans have trashed our beautiful planet.

I asked on Elders years and years ago that we should be recycling our excess books and magazines. I forget what was said but it didnt go over well.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

NO .I have too many other everyday matters to focus on

Primarily being a carer for my wife.

He suggested it a cyclic thing from the Sun.

And I tend to agree with that thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit