Do you know of any church that KNOWS God?

by the-MadJW 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

enough,

Do you think its possible that the dead souls in heaven described in Rev. 6: 9-11 could have relatives still alive on earth?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Sea Breeze--Rev is a book given in Signs...The Bible says the dead are not conscious.

a side thought: people say things like I know my Mom ( or Dad) is up in heaven looking down upon me. Consider this, if heaven is a place of bliss and happiness, how could Mom or Dad in heaven possibly be happy looking down upon the their children and seeing their hardships, their sufferings, their coercions to take poison? to see the pollutions that make their grandchildren sick? Yep! they would be happy alright!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    The Bible says the dead are not conscious.

Only in Ecclesiastes which is a philosophical work written from a purely physical point of view. It states dozens of times the phrase “under the sun” does it not?

Just a few paragraphs later it states “money is the answer for everything” .

A person can legitimately say that the Bible says money is the answer for everything.

Why didn’t Russell make that statement a part of his “Christian” writings if it describes life here as well as in eternity?

Why the inconsistency?

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

Where was God and religion when people did not know to read and write and lived an uncivilized life?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

money is the answer for everything is in contrast to wisdom. Wisdom can save your life where money can't. If the dead are conscious, then Satan told the truth and you never die-no worries, right?

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

The next nearest to what the Bible says that this “good news will be preached through the entire inhabited earth” would be the Mormons but they believe in Aliens and they are all going to other planets in space ships

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

Which scripture you are referring to that says “ Just a few paragraphs later it states “money is the answer for everything” .?

if you mean Ec7:12

silver is for a protection just as wisdom is for a protection

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I know that every Church that claims to know GOD doesn`t exist .

How can you know something or some being that doesn`t exist ?

You can`t ,so stop wasting your time ,and get with the real world .

The concept of a GOD is an illusion and a delusion.

Their is absolutely no evidence that such a being ever existed in the history of mankind.

Prove me wrong and I will join you.

And please don`t fall back on having faith, as that is not proof .

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Ec 10:19 is where it says money is the answer for everything, or as some translated " buys everything you need.", but Ex 7:12 shows the advantage of wisdom over money.

• jw-verite
    jw-verite
    Great advice, there's so much research on biblical topics now available that you'll never be able to absorb it all.
    Clearly, I've reasoned my way to where I now stand, so maybe some may like some suggestions.

Hi, the-MadJW

This is mainly an atheist forum even if there are some ex-JW still Christians (I am).

As cofty and others said, it's good to do research, but don't forget to study both sides ! I did and I still believe in Jesus, as did many others.

Reasonfirst gave you good tips, and as a Christian I recommend you some very good websites for you to read (they have also Youtube channels).

https://www.reasonablefaith.org/

https://capturingchristianity.com/

https://seanmcdowell.org/blog

Cheers !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit