Do you know of any church that KNOWS God?

by the-MadJW 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the-MadJW
    the-MadJW

I mean, the JWs have many faults, as each of us have.

Do you know any other group that does?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

My advice is to find a church with local governance:

Bible Churches

Baptist Churches

Non- Denominational Churches

Calvary Chapel Churches

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome to the forum madJW

Can you say a little bit more about what you mean by 'knowing god'?

How do you think somebody would get to know god?

• cofty
    cofty

My advice would be to ignore Sea Breeze's advice.

He has made the same mistake I made when I left the Watchtower. I assumed the fundamentals of my faith must be true and spent 10 years as an Evangelical Christian.

Far better to take all the time you want to really dig deeply and learn all the things about the bible, faith and science that you have been denied previously. There are many people here who can help you with all the questions you might be wrestling with. Don't 'jump out of the frying pan into the fire'.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

apparently--jehovah's witnesses claim they are the only true religion

How many religions claim they are a false religion ?

• the-MadJW
    the-MadJW

Thanks, Cofty. I visit your site every once in awhile- forgetting my password!

I think they would know God if asking Him~

James 1:5 -If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all men generously and without reproaching, and it will be given him.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Sounds like you already know what you need to do: if you believe that God exists and listens to prayer, pray to Him and seek answers.

• the-MadJW
    the-MadJW

I do; I'm asking OTHERS.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

the reason I am not going to a church is because I am surrounded ( 2 within a short walk )of mainstream denominations...I know they aren't teaching the truth either. Yes, they teach Jesus, but they also teach the mainstream church lies as well. What is the point if you know you are going from one lying organization to another? I watch and listen to youtube, and so many who leave JW go from frying pan to fire.

• cofty
    cofty
    Thanks, Cofty. I visit your site every once in awhile- forgetting my password

Thanks but as far as I'm aware I don't have a website.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit