Beroean Pickets- please offer encouragement

by Lightgrowsbrighter 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Lightgrowsbrighter
    Lightgrowsbrighter

For many who have left JW.org, there is still a spiritual need and faith in the Bible. Beroean Pickets is one group/website where serious Bible research and commentary, weekly critical reviews of WT studies, as well expose's of flawed WT opinion/doctrine- all backed by the Bible- can be considered. This vast amount of work and research is all done by just a small group of our volunteer Brothers and Sisters. Within the past month, the org- led by local elders- has launched a Judicial Committee with the charge of apostasy against Brother Eric Wilson, one of the founders of this amazing website. More details will follow, but it is shocking to see how the WT organization is sinking to the level of a paranoid cult. Indeed, IMHO, the WT led by the Governing Body is guilty of apostasy themselves and fit perfectly the description of the 'evil slave' in Matt. 24:48-51. I encourage all of you who wish to prove the WT wrong from the Scriptures to go to the Beroean Pickets website and show your support for Eric Wilson as well as many of the others who still choose to remain anonymous.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yes they do produce some very well written articles.

• Half banana
    Half banana

But they fall into the trap believing that it is possible to find a universally coherent doctrine of the Bible. It aint possible!

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Eric is such a nice person. I've emailed him often with all sorts of questions and always replies to me very quickly. I enjoy reading the articles and his YouTube channel too.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

It’s kind of the same scenario as the bible students and Rutherford. There was a split from the main organization because one group believed the other group strayed from the God YHWH.

The problem is that both groups still believe in an omnibenevolent God who willingly killed 70,000 children, mothers and fathers just because some stupid king took a census. And they still believe in talking snakes, talking donkeys, and a man named Noah that was able to fit 40,000,000 different species of animals in an ark that was about 1.5 million cubic feet.

Why anyone would meet with a group of elders who believe in this stuff is beyond me. Just get on with your life and quit inviting unnecessary anxiety into your life. Life is to short to continue dealing with individuals whose life is guided by fictional characters.

• Listener
    Listener

I'm not too sure that they are paranoid in this instance as they have every reason to be concerned with how they handle their JC with Eric Wilson.

My thoughts are with Eric Wilson as you think you've got the organization worked out and it just sinks lower and lower with their tactics.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I'm surprised it took this long for the org. To go after him

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Who said the Org. is going after him.?

Yes he does present bible interpretation honestly and points out where the WTS went wrong.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Beroean Pickets may be honestly trying to get to a truth............ but as well meaning as they may be........they are just the other side of that dirty well used WT coin. Fiction may cozy up to reality but it still remains fiction.

• Lightgrowsbrighter
    Lightgrowsbrighter

I know those who leave the org (myself included) go in many directions- including nihilism. I agree that there are seemingly contradictory things in esp. the Old Testament. My point with this post tho is that some continue to be Christians and that does require faith as 1 Cor. 2:14 says...which can look like fiction to those who have lost their faith. The Beroean Pickets site is a comfort for those who've gone this direction after leaving the org.

As far as who said the Org is after him- he said so himself on his youtube channel- here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3AM5L9s5vQ

Those who have met Eric in person know for a fact he's not seeking followers after himself like Russell/Rutherford did. 'It's not about who's carrying the torch, it's about the light.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit