"weather" it be here or there...what do you like/dislike

by SpiceItUp 16 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Im talking 'bout sweating & freezing......parched & soaked...what do like or dislike about the weather in your area.....

whats the worst & best time of year and why....

Do you like or dislike where you live and why as pertaining to hot/cold/dry/wet.....

I personally dislike the heat where I live (good ol SW FL)....but from Dec-Feb we have very nice weather. I can deal with rain but not the excessive humidity that we have here year round. I obviously don't want to live here forever and would like the scoop for when I make my great escape....

Help please...thanks

Spice

• JH
    JH
    ...what do like or dislike about the weather in your area.....

Great question:

I hate winter because it is too long here. It gets down to -20F and with the wind chill factor goes down to -40 once in a while. Summer will be hot between 80- 95F in july. Canada is extreme weather. Last July, it went up to 100F 2 days in a row on the thermometer in the shade. Real feel was higher.

4 distinct seasons are nice, but it's as if you are in alaska in january, and in florida in july. Winter is DIRTY. The car is always dirty and wet. No side walks to walk on, because there is 3 feet of snow on it.

I would prefer if I had more summer than winter. Guess I should live 800 miles south.

http://www.lambsroar.com/gallery/./data/media/1/July3rd-2002.jpg

Last July 2nd and 3rd was HOT I also had a picture of -20F, but can't find it.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I love everything about the weather where I live now. (Southern California) Having grown up in the Northeast, I know what it is like to live with cold,snowy,cloudy weather all winter Rain and mud all spring and hot,sticky, humid summers. No thanks! I love it here!

• sandy
    sandy

I love living here in Southern California. For the most part the whether is just fine. I love all seasons.

One thing I hate about So. Cal is the Smog!

• sandy
    sandy

sorry, weather

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Nobody knows heat like unless you have spent a minimum 9 month long summer in Florida.

Heat so thick you can see it move (think western shoot 'em up movies where the heat makes ripples in the air and on the ground.) Humidity so thick you can see it float through the air and in time it begins to drip off of your skin and fill your lungs to the point of smothering you.

The heat here is overwhelming, and lasts the vast majority of the year. Schools close playgrounds, kids forced to stay indoors during school hours due to high heat, temps in the upper 90's (97, 98, 99) day after day for months on end, and in August 100-105 degrees is quite common.

Breeze? Once in a blue moon you may get a slight whisper of air, but mind you, it is HOT. Spice and I live in the same area - Southwest Florida. Gulf of Mexico, no real coastal breeze, and low enough it is terribly close to the equator. SW Florida is equal to hell, in my book.

But since Spice is looking for fun places to live, she already KNOWS this.

• manon
    manon

Love the weather in NY State.

3 months of spring warmer days cooler nites all the greenery wake up from their naps.

3 months of summer hot & humid days hot nites.

3 months of autumn warm/cool days chilly nites beautifully colorful.

3 months of winter cold, rainy, snow.

I love the variety.

• DJ
    DJ

I'm in Pennsylvanis which has all four seasons, I am happy with spring, summer and the fall is beautiful. Winter.....I like it for about 2 months then I get very annoyed and sick and tired of being indoors. I just want to open my windows and garden in my yard. I just have another few weeks to go and I hope I make it. This winter in particular has been very long and snowy. Hmmm, on the other hand it can get down right unpleasant in the middle of the summer when the humidity hits 80% with a temp in the 90's.......but then I hit the beach.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Dallas, Texas: I like the changing of the seasons even though they aren't as pronounced as up north. Spring and autumn are my favorites, because the colors are so beautiful and I love the changing temperatures. Winter is not usually too much fun around here. It can get really cold but we only have a couple of days a year for snow or ice, MAYBE. Summer is the worst. In 1980 we had over 100 days of temperatures over 100 degrees, and it was absolutely miserable. The tar on the pavement melted, reporters could literally fry an egg on the sidewalk for their TV viewers, . . . and I was pioneering. Fortunately I was the type of pioneer who got her time in fairly early in the service year so I could usually take off a lot of July and August. Oh yeah, and my frugal mother's old car, which was also my service car, lost its air conditioning. All in all, NOT my favorite memory.

But it is a little more variety than the Northern Territory of Australia, Gove Peninsula, which just about straddles the equator. There we had two seasons: wet and dry. And it was hot both times.

Nina

• Solace
    Solace

Waaaaa,

I REALLY dislike the fact that its snowing outside right now!!!

I had heard that we were supposed to get about 10 to 20 inches of heavy snow through tonight and tomorrow, but I thought it was a cruel joke.

(Pulling the covers over my head)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit