Mass JW exodus

by stockholm_Syndrome 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stockholm_Syndrome
    stockholm_Syndrome

Maybe there will be a mass exodus from JWs when thinking people read FEB 2017 watchtower telling them the governing body stuff up, shouldnt expect correct/ perfect information and basically make up guff as they see fit.....ya reckon?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Could you quote something out of the articles ?

Personally I don't see that happening, the JWS are deeply indoctrinated to stay and uphold the organization, they are quite simply brainwashed to just that.

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch
    Would be great to see a mass exodus and see so many people wake up. But they are so indoctrinated that even if they held their hands up and admitted it was a con. You would still get people follow because they have to believe something. They would say something like "The WTS were so humble to admit it was a fake and a con, and so because of their humility I will still follow" hahaha. Some people will be in it for the rest of their life because they choose to be ignorant.
  • freddo
    freddo

No.

• stockholm_Syndrome
    stockholm_Syndrome

Finkelstein- 'The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction......Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food'~Watchtower Feb 2017- 'Who is leading God's people today' paragraph 12

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

Hopefully some will see that although they admit to not being inspired and err in judgement, their claim that they are the faithful and discreet slave is derived also from non inspiration and may well be an error of judgement. They (the jws ) must therefore ask themselves by what means do the governing body claim this title, it follows it can only be guesswork. If the jws want to accept that ,then more fool them. The brain is very capable of deceiving oneself when to accept the contrary position can be a very emotional and stressful journey.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

This was said in the past and there was no mass exodus. Cult members be like "so what, look at how humble our leaders are". Nothing will change for most. It's always spun in their favor.

• Half banana
    Half banana

However, the subliminal message is:- (if I may resort to London vernacular) the GB are no longer the dog's bollocks!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Stockholm Syndrome the problem is that you are taking 2 lines in an article and adding .... to combine them. As a group the article is read in its entirety, and the study article ends " ....Jesus, soon he will lead US to everlasting life ( Rev 7 :14-17) and no humun can do that"

So in my opinion, not a mass J.W exodus, but a few which is better than none.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

The Feb Watchtower wont make a difference im afraid. As a previous poster said, they will say something about "how humble and honest the GB are for admitting they're infallible. Not like the pope of the Catholic Church grr!!".

And as any ex-JW will know, a lot of them sometimes say things like "even if this isn't the truth, isnt it a nice way to live?". Which to me says they're having doubts but their thought stopping process has kicked in.

They're incapable of thinking anything ill of the GB. My only hope is the next generation are more curious about what's written on the internet and eventually this religion will fizzle out to a small size like Plymouth Bretheren or something. I've written off the idea of any of my family leaving. I know many would be happier outside but they're so afraid of the possibility of it being the truth they wont leave. And of course, what's there to lose? "It's such a nice way to live your life".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit