The Prodigal One That Never Went Back...

by Valis 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

This is the tale of a young man that had a bright future as a cellist..He was only sixteen and things were looking bright if not for the very one that was supposed to be the head of the household. We'll call him Jack...short for jackass BTW. Jack was a violent man, living and conducting himself as an upstanding JW in the eyes of the congregation...he beat his wife, married his 16 year old daughter off to some cretin, mistreated his other daughter, and finally took much aggression out on his sons...Well Jack did a real good job of beating the hope out of the prodigal one...he gave up playing cello and ran away from home to join the Navy during Vietnam...The rest of his life was hard and being rather tall, even for a Prodigal one, his body got tired after a hard life...congenital lung disease, several bad motorcycle wrecks/suicide attempts IMO, he's dying now..on a respirator...to complicate things, his wife of more than 15 years died today of congestive heart failure and complications from open heart surgery....You see, he never went home because there is not one to go back to...his mother died of cancer , Jack left his first family and moved on to abuse two others while remaining a JW (not one now as far as I know) and has not been heard from for years. His siblings, except my own mother, are crazy or not around to help. Even my own mother still believes he will be forgotten by her god, yet will probably have some JW funeral for himwhen the time comes..the perfect opportunity for yet another witness.....Its a sad day here in Big D and just another fine example of what Jehovah's loving provision really means. Have a good day everyone and one can only hope for the sake of us all that this story doesn't repeat itself ad infinitum.

edited cuz there is difference between congestive and congenital..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• nilfun
    nilfun

Valis, I'm so sorry your uncle has suffered so much...and is suffering still. What payoff a parent gets from crushing their child's spirit, I'll never know...it's a horrible thing for a parent to actually do everything within their power to destroy their own child's hopes and dreams...I too wish that stories such as this don't repeat themselves.

(but as long as there are parents like "Jack" out there choosing cruelty over kindness & love...well, you know the rest...)

My condolences of the loss of your aunt...

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((((((((((((((((((Valis)))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Three cheers for Valis and for your Uncle. Death to the WTBS!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Valis))))) You know, I don't know why people bother writing fiction -- real life is just incredible sometimes!

Love & hugs,

Nina

• riz
    riz

((((((((((Valis))))))))))) i'm sorry.

love, riz

• Angharad
    Angharad

((((((Valis)))))

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Valis,

My heart goes out to you and your uncle and his siblings. Can't remember which poster used to sign off, "WT-Shredded families / Ruined Lives" Now that's the real truth!

This spring is the first memorial I will not attend in 39 years, and one of the most power and validating reasons for not doing so is the long list of friends and acquaintances I had for almost 4 decades. As I watch the pitiful "power" of their devotion to an organization play out in their lives it confirms to me that I am moving toward the light and not away from it.

I have lost loved ones too, Valis. Most specifically, my precious brother-in-law who died while DF'd, addicted to drugs, and never having recieved even one so-called "yearly" visit in 21 years. I am sorry and sad that I ever participated in the shunning of anyone. My one true regret.

Hugs to you, my thoughts are with you.

SloBoy's Spouse aka Dragonfly5

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    he's dying now..on a respirator...to complicate things, his wife of more than 15 years died today of congestive heart failure

Damn. It is a bad, crazy day. Life has a way of just beating the hell out of you.

All my best thoughts to you both.

Chris

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((((Valis))))))*p*p

sorry hear of you having to deal with your dysfunctional family again. Glad, though that you are reflecting on life and how you don't want to be or treat others.

Hugs,

j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit