Larry Nasser..... WOW....

by DATA-DOG 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Davis
    John Davis

You are the one that said that it is illegal. And these are pretty modern countries that have low age of consents.

• sir82
    sir82

It's a really broad and extremely tenuous stretch to connect Nassar even remotely to anything the WTS has done.

• John Davis
    John Davis

But even if I was being legalistic. Would the fact that the legislatures in countries like Korea, Germany or Italy allow for the shockingly low age of consent, does that make them complicit for harm caused by people who take advantage of it? Does it make the police and prosecutors complicit because there is nothing legally they can do to stop those people from using the law to their advantage? No, they are not complicit.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sir, there’s certainly no legal connection. The pattern of behavior and the lack of morals is very similar.

My hope is that the public perception of these types of cases will influence future cases, and ultimately help to change our society.

Then maybe, just maybe, the climate will be such that institutions who routinely ignore abuse will be forced to change for their own survival.

At this point, I don’t care if they change for moral reasons, or financial ones. I just hope that one day, justice will truly be served.

How any religious leader can get on a television show and say that child abuse in their church is “apostate driven lies”, and not be guilty of perpetuating an environment where abuse can take place, is quite frankly beyond me.

DD

• freddo
    freddo

A question for my American friends - these long sentences that go well beyond a human life span. Is there any way an inmate can sometimes work them down like in the UK?

Over here it is normal that a good behaviour inmate who says all the right things at his reviews can have his sentence halved. The notorious JW Michael Porter - Pedo got 18 months but was out after 9. Obviously in some cases like murder this isn't always the case.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Yes there is provision for parole and/or good behavior, but that why these incredibly lengthy sentences are handed down, to preclude any chance at release. He will never see the light of day again.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JD - what is it with you and the varying legal age of consent in different states and countries thing? You seem to bring it up - alot.

• John Davis
    John Davis

That just because one society feels that something is wrong or illegal doesn't mean that everyone sees it the same way. And that with instances of child abuse it matters what the law states.

• Simon
    Simon

Not everything that is legal, is moral. Some countries have a complete breakdown of both.

Incidents like Larry Nasser happen here despite the law and contrary to the morality of the overwhelming majority. In some shithole countries abuse is common and prevalent and the ruling theocracies do nothing to stop it and even condone it.

But obviously, "all cultures are equal" <- most barf inspiring nonsense idiot idea ever put forth.

BTW: Saying something is legal in a country (as a matter of fact) is not the same as condoning it or saying it is moral or right.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JD - yes yes different countries different laws but what has that got to do with the Larry Nasser case?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit