Day One After Armageddon

by Shakita 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi All,

I was looking at a pro JW site and I couldn't believe what I stumbled upon. Someone with a really good sense of humor posted a story about his take on day one after Armageddon. It goes to show the egocentricity of the JW's. That God will save only them and that after Armageddon they get to raid (not the fridge) but the earth. Here it is.

Day One after Armagedon

This is just a fictional story:

"It's over!" Don said, "it's over!" "We're alive!" I said, "we're alive!" He grabbed me and hugged me and we danced in circles at the same time. Don was one of our older elders. "I've never felt so alive" he said. Everybody was doing the same thing, hugging and dancing in circles. "Did you ever think Armageddon was going to be like that?" my good friend, Tanny, said with tears streaming down her face. "Awesome" I tried to say, choking on the lump in my throat, "Just awesome". "Just look at that sun", she said, looking up and shielding her eyes somewhat with her palm. "It's back to normal. Isn't it wonderful?" she added.

There were now about 35 from our congregation there in the Kingdom Hall parking lot. Every one was running around grabbing each other and hugging and jumping and laughing and crying and shouting. Some would throw their hands up in the air and look up and say, "Oh thank you, Jehovah, thank you, thank you". Others would drop on their knees, clasp their hands in front of their face and sit there on the hard ground with their eyes tightly squeezed shut, in heart-felt prayer. Some were squeezing their children again and again. The brothers from the Spanish congregation were there too. I couldn't understand what they were saying, but it was evident that this day for them was everything that it was for us.

We had been doing this for hours. "Look, another car!" someone said. We all stopped and stared in silence like we did every time. I couldn't hear anything but my heart pounding. We watched. It was a late model Ford. It looked in pretty good shape compared to a lot of them. Everybody had parked in the street this way and that way. Some left the doors open and just ran. "Who is it?" Tammy, my wife, said, as she tugged on my arm. "Jerry and Kay", all of us shouted at once. "It's Jerry and Kay". They came running into the parking lot with this whole crowd of people running at them. And the hugging and dancing and laughing and crying started all over again.

This same thing happened over and over. All day long. But, those who came that day were the ones who always came. We kept looking in anticipation as to who we would see next. But they were the ones we would always see at every meeting. "Isn't this something?", One sister, Cindy, said to me. "Is that all you can say?" I quipped back at her, "Well, isn't it?" she said as she grabbed both of my arms just above the elbows and stared into my eyes with a pristine expression. "Yes it is, it sure is something", I said with a loud laugh. "And those birds", I added, "Just listen to those birds! Have you ever seen so many birds?" We all hugged again.

Jerry was a soft spoken brother who was always thinking ahead. He came up to me and said with sparkling eyes, "What does the inside of the Hall look like? It is sure nice to see it not boarded up any more. Do you think we should start cleaning it?". We thought we would get inside eventually and sit down. We thought maybe we would have some kind of meeting and talk about what we were going to do next. But we didn't. Not that day we didn't.

About noon we realized that we were getting hungry. The elders appointed groups to go out and find supplies. The sisters thought it would be real fun to go shopping, but it was mostly brothers who went. After a while they started coming back. Two brothers returned with huge motor homes and one with a big travel trailer and a generator. One group brought china and silverware. A lot of it was real fine china, and even some real silver. One group brought tables, and the rest brought food and drink. We had lots of food, all kinds of stuff. One brother, Patrick, came driving in the parking lot in a police car with the lights and siren going. He had it stuffed with cases of wine and coffee. And in the trunk was a large espresso coffee machine.

Every one pitched in with food preparation and soon dinner was ready. Parl, our presiding overseer led us in a long prayer and we began to eat. We thought we could maybe start to settle down a little, but we weren't prepared for what happened next.

"I think I'm too excited to eat" I said to Bob, one of our elders, as we stood looking at each other with our plates in our hands. "I know what you mean," he said, looking down at his food and licking his lips, "I am never 'too anything' to eat, but I'm real close". I had my back to the street. Bob was looking over my shoulder. I saw his mouth drop open. His eyes popped out and he dropped his plate and just stood there. I turned around and there, coming into the lot, was Brother Brody, the brother that had helped more people into the truth than anyone I know, and from his wheelchair at that.

Now, he didn't drive to the kingdom Hall. He didn't walk. He didn't run either. He was skipping! Like a little kid, he was skipping and chuckling. He had a smile so big I thought the corners of his mouth were going to get caught on his ears. The sisters shrieked and shrieked with excitement. The brothers mostly stood there laughing and wagging their heads, and pointing. I think a lot of tears were dripping into a lot of food about then.

Towards the end of the day a brother came from the next congregation to ours. He brought a 2-way radio and we talked to four different congregations that first day and we made plans to meet the next day at the assembly Hall. We heard that one brother had contacted Patterson by ham radio but nobody knew any more than that.

That night we built a campfire right there in the parking lot. I was standing there by the crackling fire watching the shadows and the fire light dancing on all the smiling faces. Jerry turned to me and said thoughtfully, "What are you thinking about, my brother?". "Life" I said, "Life just seems so delicious!". We played kingdom songs on the stereos in the motor homes with speakers outside and we all sang song after song and each stood up and told his story of how Jehovah had saved them. That is when it happened ... what everyone alive on earth that day will remember forever and ever.

There was a swirling warm breeze that seemed to engulf us. And who could ever forget that enormous pillar of fire up in the sky slowly spinning around. Tongues of fire kept departing from it in a circular motion as it turned and showered down in all directions. We all sat there transfixed in amazement as some of those tongues of fire came right toward us and were distributed around to each one of us. Then there was that thundering, resonant voice from the heavens. You could feel it reverberating right through you, but we wern't afraid. There was a calm that settled down over all of us. The voice said, "YOU ARE MY FAITHFUL WITNESSES AND I AM JEHOVAH. I WILL POUR OUT MY BLESSINGS UPON YOU BEYOND WHAT YOU CAN DREAM."

Carlos, a brother from the Spanish congregation, stood up and raised his palms as high as he could and said, "Praise be to Jehovah, we will serve him forever". And he began relating prophecies that we had all just seen fulfilled. I ran over to him and said, "Carlos, Carlos my brother, how is it that I can understand what you are saying?" "I don't know" he said, "How is it that I can understand you?" Then all the brothers and sisters from the Spanish congregation came running over and started hugging all of us and we all were hugging each one of them. And we, all at once, were talking and talking and talking. And many were praising Jehovah for his wonderful unifying gift.

We had gone to neighboring houses to find stuff to burn in our fire. It seemed funny going up to those vacant houses. We didn't knock. We would just open the door and say "Oh, 'I'm not interested', You say? You have your own religion? Too bad, too bad, you great city, for in one hour your judgement came." We even brought back a couple of signs for the fire. One said, "No peddlers or agents". And one said "Beware of dog." We laughed long and hard as we piched them into the fire.

We kept celebrating into the wee hours of the night. Nobody wanted to go home even if they had one. This seemed more like our home, and more like our family, than ever before. Finally, towards morning many of the friends started falling asleep.

I walked over to Don who was still wide awake. I said, "Don, do you think the Israelites were this happy after they crossed the Red Sea?" He looked at me thoughtfully as he ran his hand through his silver hair. But his hair didn't look so silver to me. I thought maybe it was the golden light from the fire. He said, "Happy? I'm sure they were. But I don't think any human ever felt like every one of Jehovah's people do this day. You know", he said, "I will always remember this as "Day One" of forever!"

It is nauseating that anyone would take pleasure in the deaths of 6 billion people. It is infuriating to think that the only interest of these JW's is to pilfer the material goods of the char-broiled billions.

Maybe this joker has forgotten an incident that happened during Jesus's ministry. Some individual from a Samaritan city was hurling abuses at Jesus and his followers. I believe James and John said "Lord should we ask for fire to come from heaven and annihilate them?" Instead of Jesus being satisfied with their reply, Jesus rebuked them. So DJ Keys Dan, you are displaying the same attitude that the sons of thunder displayed, for which they were rebuked by Jesus. Taking pleasure in the deaths of billions is a grave sin that Jehovah will condemn you for DJ Keys Dan.

So everyone, what do you think of DJ Keys Dan's essay? Have at him.

Mr. Shakita

• blondie
    blondie

I think he lifted it off the internet. Joenobody posted a story in response to a previous posting of this story.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/48596/1.ashx

Gee ain't that a sweet story... may I present to you Day Two.

I slowly stirred from my restful sleep as the sun hit my eyes early morning. Most of the brothers and sisters had fallen asleep and crashed on the lawn of the Kingdom Hall in the revelry of last night. The joy felt from that moment left me absolutely exhausted and spent. Paradise was now upon and our place in history firmly established as survivors of Armageddon.

As my eyes adjusted, my ears became attuned to the cacaphonous din of thousands of birds cackling. As I brought myself up on my elbows to look around I became aware of the hordes of birds cackling and fighting over some bodies about a half mile away. My nose next twitched as a powerful stench filled my lungs - a very particular smell of burnt human flesh. Overwhelmed, I rolled over to my side and heaved the contents of last nights revelry onto the ground beside me.

I started to head towards a group of friends who were already up and congregating together. Sister Pious Pioneer was chatting with Parl's wife June, the PO's wife.

"Haven't seen Mark & Corrine Inactive around yet. I can't say I am surprised. I won't miss going out in field service with those whining kids of theirs in tow. They really weren't very spritual now were they." opined Sister Pious.

"I hear you. They really weren't doing all they could. I am pretty sure Corrine used that whole depression thing as a crutch" chirped June. "On another note, Parl says we'll be using one of those nice houses in Snob Hill neighbourhood to live in to start with. You know, it's good for a home base for all of the work Parl will be doing with other congregation overseers to organize the cleanup work. I've got just the place that I've had my eye on for years with beautiful bay windows and the most wonderful garden."

I headed over to another group who were eating some of the left over food from the night before. A call went out amongst the brothers from Elder Hardass.

"Brothers!"

"Brothers! Can I have your attention please brothers!" he bellowed.

He went on to direct us to gather in our bookstudy groups for work detail. Boy! They weren't wasting any time! As we gathered together our conductor told us we would be piling up the dead bodies near where the birds were for a major bonfire. I choked at the prospect, but remembered that this was Paradise and we would be doing some cleanup.

We were lead to the site of most of the bodies from a neighbouring apartment complex. The putrid stench made several gag and unload their stomachs as I had earlier. The conductor quickly organized us much the same way he might if we were going door-to-door in field service. In fact, I can remember having worked this very complex the week before! After he had given us our assignments (I was to work from the top of the building down) he took me aside and asked me to supervise the goings on.

"But where are you off to Brother SuperfineElder?" I queired.

"Oh... Elder's meeting. There's alot of organization to be done." he responded as he hustled back to the Hall.

After hours of burning eyes, and filthy lungs, I had completed tossing out bodies from the top floor to the ground where they were piled into a rising heap of arms, legs, heads and unidentifiable burnt body parts. When I tackled apartment 9A, I was shocked to find a good friend from high school, Janey Highmarks who was a model student, involved in many social causes and very moral. I always thought she would have made a great Witness but that she was obviously misguided. I had to clean out the crib where her first born child was laying having been vapourized or very nearly at least. As I picked up the baby, entrails from a split abdomen spilt everywhere. I was ill to my stomach for the third time before noon.

I hadn't built up much of an appetite for lunch, but my stomach was emptied and at least needed to be filled. I gathered with the rest of the brothers and sisters back at the hall. I couldn't help but notice how clean the elders clothing was and how many of the elder's wives had received the job of preparing the meal for the workers. But I quickly caught my self and remembered that Jehovah has his arrangements and I was but a cog in them.

As I munched on my meal, I was approached by Brother Hardass. Sure he was tough before Armageddon, but it was only because of his zeal and his strong desire to see an end of the old system. I knew he was probably one of the happiest brothers to have seen this day finally. I was ready to greet him and really find out about this man who was previously so hard to know.

"Hi Brother Hardass!" I warmly greeted him.

"Hi Mike." he replied without emotion.

"I can't really believe it's here, can you?".

"No, no I can't either Mike. Say Mike, there was something I wanted to talk to you about" he started.

A new work assignment perhaps? Special privileges? Commendation?

"Mike, last night when Brother Jerry brought out the wine, I couldn't help but notice that you had alot to drink last night." he said.

"Probably true... boy what a night of celebration, wasn't it?" I replied, not sure where he was going with it.

"Mike, I'd like you to meet with some of the other elders to discuss your drunken state last night. I was told by some that they were stumbled by your overindulgence. You do know Mike that Jehovah hates a drunkard?"

Stunned I stumbled out a reply, "Yes, but... but, it was... first day after... everyone was so happy..."

I trailed off in disbelief...

Joenobody also said
    Thank you, thank you... If there is enough demand I will write Day Three. I enjoy writing and esp. satire. The stuff written by original author "Mark" and Day one was almost too easy a mark itself.
    Please write day 3, joe. Blondie
  • Robdar
    Robdar

Mr. Shakita,

When I am finished hurling my breakfast, I may be back to take a shot at this smug, evil bastard who thinks he is a servant of "the true God".

Thanks for sharing this. I can't wait to read it to my JW parents.

Love,

Robyn

• Shakita
    Shakita

Blondie,

I enjoyed your day 2 post. The reality of Armageddon is 6 billion rotting, stinking corpses, men, women and children. Any person that would take pleasure in that needs to see a psychiatrist. The JW that wrote this essay has his blinders on. If Jesus died for all mankind and yet 6 billion people are to be slaughtered, of what benefit is the ransom sacrifice? It seems to me that Jesus's sacrifice is meaningless if it is God's only desire to destroy virtually all of his creation. I have often wondered, if God created us to be destroyed, why did he create us at all? I personally feel that this JW's morose, macabre view of things is not supported in scripture.

Robyn,

Sorry about that. I should have warned everyone to have a barf bag handy before reading that sickening essay. I hope your JW parents will see what a sick pup this JW is.

Mr. Shakita

• Ed
    Ed
    Sorry about that. I should have warned everyone to have a barf bag handy

You're not kidding.... I couldn't bring myself to read the whole thing.

I seem to recall there is (or was) a movie file or flash animation somewhere on the 'net, depicting the JWs deliverence through Armageddon. I wish I still had the link. It's just as sickening.

• Francois
    Francois

What I have read here merely crystallized what I have said many times before, "A thousand years with Jehovah's Witnesses? I'd rather be dead."

francois

• Shakita
    Shakita

I found more interesting tidbits on the pro JW site. It seems that someone started a thread on the signs of the last days and commented that quite a few young ones were leaving. Of course, she viewed that as proof that the end is near and that people are making their decisions one way or another. The next poster said something very revealing that I would like to share. Here it is.

"We've seen quite few leave during the last year - most of them people who have been in the Truth for many years. We have also seen a family of four start attending meetings after having a few years in "The wilderness". We have had more leaving than coming in for the last two years.
    You are right - people are making their decisions. What they see that attracts them to the outside I don't know, but it exerts a strong pull whatever it is.
    The ones who come back realise that it is what Paul called "refuse" and they are glad to leave it behind them.
    The family who came back consists of parents and two daughters aged 20 and 16. Both parents are baptised and Dad has been made a M/S. One of the girls is now baptised and the other is working through the questions.
    It's not all bad news!"

This person's comment is revealing. Did he ever wonder why people that were so long in the "truth" suddenly leave? Did he ever consider that something is seriously wrong with this picture? And it's not with the people leaving. Did you notice that he wrote that there were more leaving than coming in. Isn't there supposed to be an increase in these last days? Also, this poster is making the assumption that the people leaving are returning to the refuse. How does he know if he doesn't have the facts? That smacks of smug self righteousness.

If you want to view more of this merriment go to www.purelanguage.net

Mr. Shakita

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Dear Mr. Shakita, Thank you for sharing this. It is almost exactly what I remember being said several times, especially as a child. Unfortunatly, I believed it.

Any person that would take pleasure in that needs to see a psychiatrist

I am.

Dear Blondie,

Thank you for sharing your piece as well. It too is almost exactly how the cleanup work was described to me as a child. It's horrifying enough to teach this to adults, but to teaching to children should be considered abuse.

I hope I'm still alive when that WTS tower comes down.

• Realist
    Realist

i think there is a follow up on this story!!! which explains everything!

he descirbes on the following days how terrible it is to see the boddies of the dead and especially the children...and how the WT builds up a terror regime. its hilarious!

• berylblue
    berylblue

Please write day three.

I was never able to imagine Armegeddon. Just the thought was too horrifying. None of my relatives were JWs and I couldn't bear the thought of them dying. I didn't think I'd make it either.

I can't imagine how so many could possibly rejoice over the death of billions. It always horrified me. An elder in my book study was actually gleeful about it.

I consoled myself by thinking that billions would actually come into the "truth" before the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit