what type of faith do you REALLY want?

by atheist_R_stupid 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Dear mister stupid,  

I can assure you of my good standing within the JW's, and of a few others that I personally know on this board.

Having read your recent posts and the manner in which they are written,  might I gently remind you that we are advised in the holy scriptures to be ready to make a defense for our faith with a quiet and mild spirit,  not accusatorily and insultingly. 

What kind of witness do you think you're giving brother? 

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

An electrician should know the Ohm's law.  I'm an electrotechnician and never heard about the word dykes for  diagonal pliers. If you want to talk about electrical jargons try harmonics (specially the third one). 

What about an ideal faith? I don't think faith is a good thing but if you really need one I think buddhism is very interesting.  

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

ARS, thank you so much for the lesson on jargon for specific religious groups, fields of study and/or philanthropic endeavor, professional trades and rock & roll groupies. It's been oh so very informative. 

Can you please also instruct us regarding the appropriate jargon for internet trolls of limited intelligence and even lower moral acumen? None of us here are very experienced in these matters and you are clearly a zen master.

Thank you in advance for sharing your superior wisdom and knowledge.

We are eternally grateful. 

Oubliette

• prologos
    prologos

ar stupid, you still might find former 'company servants' that were reading the 'informant' here, 'colporteurs', 'congregation servants" having done "nouvelle visites" and

we are sick of the jargon, even wt is changing them, guess why?

speaking for myself : I like a faith build on reality, conforming to measurable facts.

WT's disproven doctrines, failed promises, just like the whole bible story, is not faith*, it is failed.

*realities, not beheld or not, assured expectations, not happened as expected, again and again.    

• Viviane
    Viviane
    AR Stupid has simply proven that he are stupid.
  • AFRIKANMAN
  • KateWild
    KateWild

OMG what another silly OP.

Who the heck is this new poster. Such silly arguments, and with no goal or purpose. Really ARS, what are you trying to achieve to tell a forum full of current and ex JWs that we are not genuine about our circumstances?

I can't really believe that people like this exist.

Kate xx

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

atheist_R_stupid - "what type of faith do you REALLY want?"

None.

I prefer conviction based on reason and evidence, thank you.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Sometimes you might "pull a nooner" (leave at lunch)

Oh.

I always went back to work after 'pulling a nooner'.

• Simon
    Simon

So what then of the overwhelming majority of ex-JWs who DO know all the terms and do know the history?

What you are doing JW_theists_R_morons is trying to discredit the message by discrediting the messenger in any way you can.

Really, is "well, erm ... you mustn't have been a JW!" really the best defence you can come up with for your faith? I mean, really - is that it? How many years have you been going to the KH (Kingdom Hall <-- see, proof) and that is the extent of your argument?

Maybe things have changed, not only the lingo but the depth of teaching because I think was a "better" JW than you - I could make a logical argument and debate at least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit