what type of faith do you REALLY want?

by atheist_R_stupid 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• atheist_R_stupid
    atheist_R_stupid

I find that when talking people who say they "used to be a Jehovah's witness" they say words that show they have in fact, never been one. It's like a man that worked for the post office for 30 years in a main major urban hub like Chicago or new york... and you ask him, "in your last position, what was your RDO?" and the man says "whats an RDO?"

Or an electrician, and the person says they have been an electtrician for 30 years, and you say, "can I borrow your dykes" and the man says, "what is that?"

Or a man that claimed to grow up knowing Davie Bowie. And how he was backstage at all the concerts, and He says he if in fact related, because his last name is also "bowie".

You see, when youre part of some job, or part of some group that requires active participation and interaction....be it the Red Cross, or in this instance, the Jw's. Youre going to use certain words, or jargon. if youre an "ex" whatever or not. because while outside non members might use a certain term, an inside person might use the proper word, or a slang.

RDO is "regular day off"

"Dykes" is a form of tool used by electricians and is a common nickname around the country.

David "Bowie" was in fact born, David Jones.

So when I see you men saying I first left Watchtower in such and such year? That right there tells me, you never have been "watchtower" because the terminology, ex or not, is wrong.

That would be like saying, "im an ex jew. I was practicing all my life" I first left Talmud in 1989. Talmud was really controlling. What was your experience with Talmud?

And NO jew, Ex or not, even uses such a jargon. If they were to use it, it would be some pandering move because they see others using it, and they want to fit in. Which in fact is no better, is it?

Really I find that groups like this are nothing more than Atheists that have a few Jws sprinkled in them. Swearing up and down that they were once Elders and everything else. And then they slip up and say something like how they actually were "high up in the watchtower".

what type of faith do you really want?

I think you really want a God where there is no obligation on your part to change or do anything at all! You dont really want a human to stand before you and tell you anything at all about what God requires of you. Thats what I really suspect is going on here. i dont care what faith it is. Muslim, Jew, christian. You want god to be an American. A Democrat. that you can tell HIM how things are going to be. So if this month, you want God to accept gay marriage? then he does. If you want him to back the war your in? then so be it. If you want him to accept sex before marriage because its unreasonable to think kids should wait till marriage? then so be it. thats the God you want. truthfully, is that not the religion you want?

I think the only answers you men will give back is "well I will tell you what I dont want..the watchtower telling people with yada yada yada..." but what you do want? is not to be told anything at all by god, unless its really You telling HIM

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There is a difficulty for us ex-JW's in using an appropriate term for the "religion" we left, that parenthesis is deliberate, you see many of us do not now acknowledge it as a genuine religion, we see it as a Business posing as a religion.

Should we then say we left "the Organization" ? well that infers that when we were in it we viewed our service as firstly to an Organization, and not to God, but many of us did not view our service that way.

We did not view our leaving as leaving God however.

So, saying "Watchtower" is a dated, but useful shorthand.

I would love to be told something by God, but nothing that men or women presumptuously say, that they claim is from God, can be proven to be such.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I grew up a witness. I never served in Bethel though, I didn't know what an RDO was! I am also a journeymen industrial electrician I have no idea what a dyke is. Sounds like that's probably a UK thing.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Nah, Dykes are something else in the U.K.    LOL
  • atheist_R_stupid
    atheist_R_stupid

@truthseekers this is the sort of stupidity I mean. A real electrician that was a journeyman? Like I am? would not use that term. "Journeyman industrial electrician". if you were a "journeyman industrial electrician" you would know there were also "commercial electricians" and with the electricians, we dont run around saying "journeyman commercial electrician". LOL and this is the part where i take your stupid attempt at Goggling the term and trying to talk like you know? and turn it into noodles.

go to any facebook electricians group and join it. then go in and say how youre a "journeyman industrial electrician" and then say "what are dykes" and see what they do to you.

• atheist_R_stupid
    atheist_R_stupid
    also, the RDO comment? was for the post office. Learn to read the post.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    So when I see you men saying I first left Watchtower in such and such year? That right there tells me, you never have been "watchtower" because the terminology, ex or not, is wrong.

I don't believe I have ever said I left the 'Watchtower' although at a meeting with some elders some time before I left one of the elders commented something like 'lets see what mother says' referring to the Watchtower. I always viewed Jehovah as our heavenly father and I think my not being a Witness would be viewed by some as leaving Jehovah (father) and if the organization is referred to as my mother and the Watchtower is her speaking then I suppose I could say I left the Watchtower. What do you think atheist_R_stupid ?

what type of faith do you really want?

For me it wasn't about what type of faith I wanted it was more to do with what my conscience would allow me to do in regard to my faith.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

http://www.wowjobs.ca/BrowseResults.aspx?q=Journeyman+Electrician&s=r&l=ON

I miss read the post thing. You definitely say journeyman industrial electrician in Ontario and most of Canada what do you think people advertising for one want?

• atheist_R_stupid
    atheist_R_stupid

@truthseeker

YES!! and DYKES are not called DYKES in the store! LOL

"you" definately say "journeyman industrial electrician"

ELECTRICIANS, dont say "journeyman  industrial electrician" when refering to one another, casually. JARGON... a man posting a job? will call it waht it is. NOT the man working. A Nurse? tell me...does a job bord say.."now hiring...NURSE"

No, they say what TYPE of nurse, with a bunch of letters afterward..BUT WHEN A NURSE TALKS TO A NURSE, do they say, I have been a  bla bla bla Nurse? or do they simply say, I have been an LPN? YOU JUST GAVE AWAY that youre googling to talk like you know...

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

ELECTRICIANS, dont say "journeyman  industrial electrician" when refering to one another, casually. JARGON... a man posting a job?

Other electricians I know I cal l them Steve or Fred or Mike or whatever their name is. I only said "Journeyman Industrial Electrician" to differentiate  me from someone one who pulls wire and wires houses. All the years that I have been involved in trades I have never heard a pair of wire cutters or side cutters referred to as a dike. I had to look that up on google. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit