Start A Butterfly Garden!

by Bonsai 150 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Half Banana, Hekusokazura's latin name is Paederia scandens. It's a stinky pest that has explosive growth during the rainy season in June.

クリックすると新しいウィンドウで開きます

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Had to kill a bunch of black widow spiders today. Little buggers are everywhere here. Luckily, they aren't very aggressive, but they like to hide under the lip on top of plant containers.

Loads of butterflies in the garden today. It's full out summer now over here.

• kaik
    kaik
    We had tons of rain yesterday, tornado warnings and hail storm. The March-April water deficit was finally erased. The lawn loves the rain, so it is lush and green like in Ireland. However, my shrubs are shedding petals from the rain and hails. I will be traveling next two weekends, so I wont be able to do any yard work, but I am not very pleased how the backyard looks right now, so I have to wait till Memorial weekend to do any major fixes.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Black Widow spiders oh no! My garden is plagued with slugs but I found three toads over the last few weeks. Eat up boys, plenty more where they came from. The new border is coming along slowly. I will plant out the Borage seedlings in between the new shrubs when they're a bit bigger.
  • Xanthippe
  • Xanthippe
  • Xanthippe
  • kaik
    kaik

It is raining for 14 days, and I am tired of it. I need to do some yard projects, but I cant paint a shed in the rain. However, lawn just loves all the water.

Rhodo and mountain laurels

Swamp Azalea, iris, and sage

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I am sick of the rain, too! It's been unseasonably cold, too. In the 50s. They do not have the multipack garden flats out, yet, and I really want to start putting petunias in my flower boxes under my windows.

Is that zoysia grass, kaik? It looks thick and even.

We have fescue in Maryland. After about 5 days of rain it is a foot tall! We actually had to mow in the drizzle, finally, or else we would've had a meadow.

• kaik
    kaik
    I use tall fescue grass mix, and I seed three different types depending on the sun/shade. I have different grass for shade and for heavy traffic. It took me five seasons to be happy with the lawn. I have two areas where I am not lucky to get grass establish too well, one is due depression which hold water, and other is due neighbor's dense shaded tree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit