Looking Back, What's The Stupidest Thing You Believed In As A Witness?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

That I didn't have to worry about a secure financial future, my career or a pension.

• minimus
    minimus

That not only would you never die, but that you would see all your dear loved ones come back to life in this generation.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

That all the prophecies the WTS made came true.

That it was "the truth."

That everyone else was stupid and was going to die if they didn't become JWs.

• minimus
    minimus

That you can trust a person, simply because he or she's a Witness.I've gotten the shaft more than a few times by a "brother".

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

1. That the most important thing of all was to "vindicate Jehovah's name," like he needed our help to do it.

2. All these stupid classes... what the hell was a Jonadab anyway?

3. That it was 'normal' to use up your vacation days to go to a sweltering hot stadium and sit there for hours on end in the heat listeing to 'spiritual food'

4. That I would never die

• minimus
    minimus

When you go to the convention, you must ONLY stay at WT. approved hotels and motels, even if you could pay less on your own and be closer to the assembly!

• JH
    JH

We believed that our hard earned vacations were to be used to go to conventions out of town.

Imagine having only 2 or 3 weeks vacations a year, and feeling as if you had to give it to the Watchtower. $%?&**

I hated that...

• Matty
    Matty

This is a good one:

I don't wish to have a girlfriend or to be married this side of Armageddon, I can use my singleness now to promote Kingdom interests. I can wait till the new order when I can then marry a perfect person!

• blondie
    blondie

That if I were a better Christian, my father would not be abusive. He would be "won without a word." The few times I tried to talk to an elder about the abuse at home, it was turned around and made my fault.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, THAT"S SICK!!! I can't believe anybody thinking like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit