Looking Back, What's The Stupidest Thing You Believed In As A Witness?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For me, it's the "faithful and discreet slave class".

• Azalo
    Azalo

demons, they use to terrify me and well this isnt really a belief but i cant believe that i used to look forward to those stupid dramas at the DC's

• heathen
    heathen

I was never in the org. but they sure did try to convince me of some very stupid things.I tend to think of theologians all around trying to do this so it's not just them.The belief that they know exactly when the cutoff date was for the annointed is pretty stupid.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Pretty much all of it was dumb as hell. The most stupid thing I ever believed was that they could do no wrong.

PFC District Overbeer

• Scully
    Scully

That the carrion bird population increasing was an indicator that Armageddon was approaching...... any day now....

Love, Scully

• greven
    greven

well because I stopped believing at about 15 years of age most of those believe were simple ones like deminz I nerver believed the stuff about the FDS... but to name a few:

That there was a God up there that wanted us to annoy people at home trying to sell books and stuff.

That there was a God up there that wanted us to be bored to death at meetings

That there was a God up there that thought the meetings alone were not boring enough so he wanted us to go to three day long assemblies in August!

That there was a God up there that wanted us to dress like this:

That there was a God up there that wanted us to pick friends from inside his organisation, no matter how braindead and disloyal these friends were.

That there was a God up there that wanted us to kiss CO butt.

That there was a God up there that wanted all our time and effort. oh, and some love.

That there was a God up there that was very fond of some old geezers and used them as walkie talkies

That there was a God up there that wanted us to refrain from playing cool computer games like Unreal and opted for Freddy Fish instead.

That there was a God up there that wanted to reward us for our trouble by putting us in one big garden with all the other buggers he liked. Calling this Paradise seems like a bad sense of humor.

That there was a God up there. (Now THAT's silly!)

Greven

• Angharad
    Angharad

That wearing a tea-towel on your head made it ok for a women to pray

That I couldnt buy my kids a birthday present because some bloke once got his head cut off at a birthday party

• Matty
    Matty

That after Armageddon in the new system I would meet and greet all the bible characters I'd read and learnt about like Moses and Elijah and John the Baptist, and if I was really really lucky I might get to have a bible study with a famous Bible character to update them on all the new light that had shone forth since their day.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

That one day i could play with a cobra!

• blondie
    blondie

That JWs "as a group" showed Christlike love to each other.

Refraining from raining bombs on each other's head, shooting each other, or stabbing each other with a knife is not what Jesus had in mind.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit