Saudi Man Sentenced To Death For Atheism

by Bangalore 26 Replies latest social current

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

The Saudi's are a slick version of Isis style rulership. Yet the good old US of A arms these guys to the teeth. Marvelous

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

This is terrible, but we must not kid ourselves. Saudi Arabia is the natural state of Islam. It is what happens whenever a country tries to be Muslim. Sad but true.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I've been to Saudi. It is not the natural state of Islam. Qatar might be. It is very conservative, but in a progressive way. I know the generation that is mid-twenties and they are far different in viewpoint about a lot of things from the next generation. I think MOST of Saudi is probably more like Qatar, but the ruling power is not the same as the people and Qatar while still struggling to move apace is basically a country that barely had paved roads 50 years ago. I worked for the former prime ministers family and they actually raised their elder children in a 2 bedroom apartment before they built their (yeah) palace. The wife is about 50-my age. They have free education and encourage their children, male and female to go to universities at home and abroad (and pay expenses). It is a place that is running to play catch up and the former emir set the tone that hopefully continues, which includes women being treated great, govt. run healthcare that was far superior to the private system (I spent time in both, so I know what I speak of). Not ideal. Not Saudi, either. I met many amazingly kind Saudi people. I hope you don't judge all of Islam and all of Saudi by govt' beaurocrats or literal terrorists. Most are not that.

I do not agree with the sentence and I don't find it in keeping with my belief system or that of most people I know, there or here.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Doesnt saudi have public executions for "crimes" such as atheism,Apostacy,Adultery,and if a woman is raped she is the one victimised ?

And that women are second class citizens ,needing a mans OK to venture out ,arent permitted to drive a car ,and need a chaperone for being in the presence of another man who is not a relative ? etc,etc,

I know the generation that is mid-twenties and they are far different in viewpoint about a lot of things from the next generation.

That might be well and true ,but it is the ruling power that holds the key and they arent going to give that up any time soon.

So saudi`s remain in the distant past except where it suits the wealthy male saudis to bend the rules when they are outside of their country. (Alcohol ,women,gambling ,prostitution etc )

feel free to correct me where I`m wrong.

The Saudis are now on the UN council for womens human rights !?

My mind boggles.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Is his man is being executed for atheism specifically, or just apostasy? I mean, if he were Jewish and said he no longer believed in God, would the Saudi government execute him for that?

• cofty
    cofty
    I do not agree with the sentence and I don't find it in keeping with my belief system - JWDaughter

It is entirely in keeping with the commands of the pedopile prophet.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

Islam and acting civilized are incompatible. To a real Muslim, rape is allowed and even murder. It is what happens when u worship a pedo.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

This video is a good primer on Islam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoqZR_0GF94

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll
    Hothabenaro: Islam and acting civilized are incompatible. To a real Muslim, rape is allowed and even murder. It is what happens when u worship a pedo.
    Cofty: It is entirely in keeping with the commands of the pedopile prophet

I don't admire Muhammad, but whether or not he was a pedophile seems irrelevant to the discussion. I've known good people who happened to be pedos through no fault of their own; being attracted to children doesn't automatically make someone an evil mass murderer.

What's wrong with Muhammad is that he succeeded where Charlie Manson failed by starting a murderous cult that somehow became a major world religion. That's what people should be focusing on, not his alleged sexual peccadillos.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@rainbow troll: u truly are a troll. making excuses for Muslims AND pedos. u just went full regressive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit