Update after attending one day of a regional. au.

by jonahstourguide 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Spiral
    Spiral

THAT is just horrible! It displays true desperation on the part of the GB, but the sad thing is the adult parent drones will take this serious.

Disgusting.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@smiddy3,,,It is for a regional saturday. Sunday could draw a few more. The circuit one day assembly usually gets about 900 to1100.

And yes,,,pounding the pavement is a waste of time.

@NeedToKnow,,,either coffee or the "FLEECE' for a coupla coldies and watch the footy.

jtg

• former2free
    former2free

I love how children have to get blackmailed into baptism nowadays. It’s no longer about being heartfelt it’s do it or you don’t get to drive. Here in the states you can’t marry till you’re 18 by yourself without a parent or guardian signing for you. Can’t drink till you’re 21 and those are major life milestones for a young person to achieve adulthood. So why in the hell are the borg cult pushing for younger and younger? Oh wait I know how else can they emotionally trap and blackmail members unless they get them young and undeveloped? So sickening

• NeedToKnow
    NeedToKnow

I was coerced into baptism at 14 by my elder father who said if Armageddon comes tomorrow and you’re not baptised you will die. What a loving parent that was. I guess he’d had enough of explaining to the CO an DO why his teenage kid wasn’t baptised already.

• NeedToKnow
    NeedToKnow

@jonahstourguide are you from the area or traveling in? I have no idea which congs were on last weekend.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@NeedToKnow,,,,,, plenty, hoppers crossing, altona and some others from the western suburbs as far as I could determine. I'm in the general area. And I do recall the 'get baptised or you will die' mantra that was promoted.

jtg

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

What AM3 is doing here about the driver's license thing is just despicable. Manipulation in it's highest form. Adult parents will employ this tactic and use it to their disposal.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

AM3 makes me want to puke.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

It’s been years since I’ve been to Melton... glad those days are over for me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit