Jehovah's Witnesses Announce Plans to Build Giant Media Center

by iwantoutnow 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

OMG! This has to be more of "keeping the flock busy and excited" so as not to notice whats going on.

How did I miss this?????

The Jehovah's Witnesses announced plans to build a 1.5 million-square-foot audio-visual production center in Upstate New York, two miles away from the Witnesses' headquarters in Warwick. The organization plans to create more videos with parenting device, despite a recent bombshell investigation alleging wide-scale child abuse and coverups.

Robert Zick, a Jehovah's Witnesses spokesman, told The Times Herald-Record that the media center is a response to the general public's growing increase of interest in the Jehovah's Witnesses' videos, specifically ones offering parenting advice and how to live a principled life. New content is planned to be available in multiple languages.

The organization's outreach is now supplementing its traditional door-to-door approach by putting more money and manpower behind producing online content in response to the rise and reach of social media platforms.

"We're ramping up production in response to heavy demand" of audio-visual offerings, Zick said. "People find these materials to be useful, so we're putting more resources behind them, and we're putting everything under one roof."

It won't just be audio and visual equipment under that roof—the Witnesses are also designing the new media center to be livable. It will have residences, a fitness center and underground parking.

Currently approximately 1,000 volunteers live and work in the 1.6-million-square-foot headquarters. An additional 1,000 volunteers are expected to take up residency in the new center once it is finished.

It might take up to five years for the complex to be completed. At the organization's annual meeting on October 5, it was announced that construction will begin in 2022 and finish at the end of 2026.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hmmm....so if young JWs want to come work at Bethel they've got just about enough time to earn themselves a degree in media studies, film technique & production, coding, art and illustration etc etc

Put the word out they'll need a first class education to be valuable to Bethel. They don't need any more cleaners, box pushers and waiters anymore.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

90 Sands Street, Part 2. That abomination was no replacement for good in my life, and neither will this worthless structure that puts out worthless videos that are worse in quality than the most amateurish YouTube videos done by 2 year olds. I can only hope for the same bad luck on this as I wished for the first 90 Sands Street abomination.

• carla
    carla

I wish I had video of my jw when he used to complain about tele-evangelists! Boy! could he go on and on about how God would not like it at all and was not a good way to preach the Word.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I heard the comment that this is on scale and quality of a Hollywood studio. It will be interesting to see what content they start coming out with when it's finished.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Yeah! A Hollywood studio from 1938 or maybe 1955.

If they dont expand story lines ......

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

They said it's needed for increasing public demand! How is 1.4% growth increased demand? Same old b.s. tell the dubs the end immenent and turn around and make these grand long term building projects!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Robert Zick--?

seriously ?

maybe nicknamed Rick.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They should use it to produce an Apocalyptic-End-Times movie based on the Revelation-Climax book.

It would look absolutely batshit crazy.

Hell, people would think it was parody or satire. 😁

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Maybe they’ll trip over while using it... just like they did when they purchased the Telly award themselves ( idiots!). Lol

The more exposure the more mistakes... I hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit