Oh how this religion has changed! Would this have been permitted 20 years ago??

by stuckinarut2 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

https://m.facebook.com/100002613343180/posts/2271710659592690?sfns=mo

Would the old-timers even recognise this religion anymore?

This is from one of the international conventions held this year. It must be part of the official welcome "party" for the delegates...

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

I was waiting for Dezi Arnez to come out and start singing. Interesting, considering all the self-righteous ones criticism of my talents in music that they felt I should not enjoy or participate in. I would like to see the Tango in Buenos Aires done at an International Welcoming Program. You know the Slutty dance.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Well the US had all of those "happy" dances going on a while back. How is this any different than Christendom "blessing" pagan objects so they are "holy?" More like Holy Crap!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Now we know where that expensive scotch was used. I have never been drunk enough to make that big a fool of myself

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Is that the Miami Sound Machine? Where’s my Gloria Estefan at?!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I have repeated a comment on here before that my mother said before she died. "If Jehovah's Witnesses had been in the forties when I got baptized what they are now...I would NEVER HAVE BECOME ONE!"

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Ha ha,

they have revamped an old song from the previous (old light) song book.

jtg.

P.S. would have got disfellowshipped and shunned for that in the late seventies, (after armagedon).

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUPJW:

I agree with what your mother said.

If the JW religion was in the 1970s like what it is today, I would never have joined either.

• SadElder
    SadElder

I believe it was Ted (The Boss) Jaracz who put a stop to all 'secular' entertainment after a Zone/Branch visit he made. Even the Gilead graduations stopped having demonstrations of local culture and became boring as hell.

• LV101
    LV101

It has to be an improvement of yesteryear. The JW cult needs all the enticement, attraction/allure, it can get to appeal to anyone under age 90 or breathing at this point. It would certainly keep one awake for a few minutes. They've learned (that's a stretch to say) from the Joyce Meyer, etc., (her events had the fog and sound effects) whatever it takes to lure in the bodies -- especially with their dismal retention rate.

Good luck WT - maybe bring in some Siegfried & Roy tigers and lions and a magician (altho you hate competition!) next time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit