"Personal Decisions" (Study Article of July 11-17, 2016)

by bats in the belfry 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry
    :

Concise thoughts from the WTBTS:

:

Par.2) However, there are numerous situations for which the Bible provides no specific command.

Par.3) In the absence of specific laws, how can we know what choices will please Jehovah?

Par.16) Many matters could be decided one way or another, and Jehovah would still be pleased.

Everything else is fluff.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Par.3) In the absence of specific laws, how can we know what choices will please Jehovah?

But will they please your other nosey JW friends? Or will they be jealous &/or critical and talk about you behind your back?

Doc

• Saename
    Saename

When I saw this study article, I suddenly desired to attend the meeting tomorrow to give a stupid answer...

Par. 6 has a question which reads, "What should guide our decisions?" I wanted to say that we need to think independently and reject anything absurd. Then, I wanted to give an example of the "overlapping generations" and reason, very briefly, why we should "reject outright such lies." (I'm "mis"quoting Stephen Lett―something that the Watchtower seems to enjoy.) I wanted to finish the answer by saying, "I do not answer to Watchtower. Watchtower does not, and never has had, any authority over me." All this would be an answer to "What should guide our decisions?"

However, I soon realised that they would take the microphone from me anyway. But, heck, I would love to see whether any elders would want to talk to me after the meeting!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

There are NO personal decisions within WT. You are nothing but a robot. Whenever WT can benefit off of you (for free of course), they will use you up and spit you out. Just ask any of the recently laid off Bethelites.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This is a typical "bait and switch" article!

The reality is, NO PERSONAL DECISIONS exist for a witness!

"Groupthink" is expected! Each person MUST do as the society dictates!

Anyone who tries to argue this point is simply out of touch as to how the society works.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Try this for an example:

Try saying that "it's wrong for the society to expect every witness to spend time in door to door work"

or "we don't need to read the WT in order to understand gods word"

Yep.....see how that goes....

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Any question with penis or sex in it I guarantee they will have plenty to say about it.....

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

My personal decision today, based on 'common sense', don't go to the wt meeting!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

As a witness, my "personal decisions" were whatever the society told me they should be....

I "humbly" followed their "direction"....

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

There is no such thing as a personal decision. Especially when you have privileges in the congregation. Sure, they produce articles telling people not to judge and then, they produce other articles where anyone with privileges should do everything they can not to even drop a feather on the conscience of others. Though the actual solution lies somewhere in the middle, what happens in the congregations tend to lean of the far left where even the color of you tie matters. In the real world, there is very little space for personal decision.

The reason behind this is simple, there is no real consequences for gossiping. However, if someone with privileges hurts the conscience of others, he may lose his privileges. End result: Gossip country. Just to give an example, we used to say that the highway of information in a congregation was the pioneers, not the Internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit