"Personal Decisions" (Study Article of July 11-17, 2016)

by bats in the belfry 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Just to twist it a bit, there are personal decisions but not your own, but some other person or organization lthat the jw feels has control over life and death.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Where the Bible, the INSPIRED word of God should you believe that, has nothing to say about certain personal decisions the WT$ sure does have plenty to say.

I wonder if one of the "brothers" at the hall where I was visiting from out of town is awake?

He commented on the paragraph about how publications and meetings "helped" by saying, "Paragraph 2 stated that God did not see fit to inspire a long list of rules and regulations to guide us. So today we have lovingly been provided many publications containing detailed instructions on making decisions touching basically every aspect of our lives from the Governing Body in the Watchtower publications. Even the proper dress and grooming while visiting Bethel brochure has been printed and changing rooms at Warwick provided."

• Spiral
    Spiral

Today's WT made my head hurt more than usual..... you can make personal decisions but be sure not to do ANYTHING that might cause ANYONE in the congregation to be upset. In other words, you have no personal decisions. You can't even decide what to think or what to wear if someone somewhere sometime might be upset.

Everyone at the KH thought it was so "wise". I couldn't believe how brainwashed they all are.

So, any upcoming "new" information about being able to grow a beard, for instance, will be compensated for by this article. Back to square one. You have no choices.

No wonder everyone is depressed around here!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

..... you can make personal decisions but be sure not to do ANYTHING that might cause ANYONE in the congregation to be upset. In other words, you have no personal decisions.

I would refer them back to their own WT words two weeks ago in the same magazine. Page 5; par. 9: which says, "The way you react to situations that have the potential for causing offense (stumbling you) lies in your own hands."

Then I would ask why they make the PERSONAL CHOICE to allow themselves to be stumbled by my PERSONAL CHOICE when it is none of their business, especially if it doesn't conflict with what is written in their Bible.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

... or this WT:

w13 3/15 p. 7

„For Those Loving Jehovah, “There Is No Stumbling Block”

§ 19: Sadly, over the years some have let the imperfections of others knock them out of the race. Differences in viewpoints in matters of conscience have become stumbling blocks for them. (1 Cor. 8:12, 13) If someone offends us, will we allow this to become a major issue? The Bible admonishes Christians to stop judging, to forgive others, and to avoid insisting on personal rights. (Luke 6:37) When you face a possible stumbling stone, ask yourself: ‘Am I judging others based on my own preferences? Knowing that my brothers are imperfect, will I let someone’s lack of perfection take me out of the race for life?’ Love for Jehovah can help us be resolved not to allow anything another human does hinder us from crossing the finish line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit