Amazing new graph - publisher increase compared to country population increase rates

by jwfacts 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

kpop, I think I get what you are saying.

Here I adjust for "per 100,000" so that we account for small populations where 1 family joining looks like a HUGE increase percentage wise, but really is a small number of people. (which happens every year, some island wins the % and a populous country wins most new pubs.)

To illustrate: If every country in the world had exactly 100,000 people in it, How many publishers would they have added/lost? This many. Most countries are stagnant.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

We had the C.O. visit last week...he appeared to be 'down-in-the-dumps'! Now I know why...he must of read the 2017 yearbook with it many negative numbers. :) :)

I would say that not too many JWs are enthused about their 2016 progress report.

There was on average 2 baptized per congregation (264,535 baptized and 119,485 congregations). If you take into account that by far most of those baptized were JW born-in children; that means that a very small fraction of those baptized came from the door to door ministry. That's almost embarrassing...in fact not only is that embarrassing...it is dam-right humiliating!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I would have to confirm from what i saw of the new bible studies that the quality of these individuals was very very low.

• momokichi2014
    momokichi2014

Thanks a lot., I will briefly introduce this page to Japanese ex & in - JW community アメブロ会衆.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    WiFi To illustrate: If every country in the world had exactly 100,000 people in it, How many publishers would they have added/lost? This many. Most countries are stagnant

Oooo wifi that is extremely telling, and is surely very a very depressing projection for the GovBod. Hence the scramble for money to ensure the survival of the org in the coming years.

But what's up with Greenland? LoL!!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@jwfacts be like:

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The number of hours per recruit really does highlight how incredibly ineffective the publishing work is ... but it doesn't cost them (the org) anything (vs buying a super-bowl ad).

I don't think the quick ingathering of individuals before the end comes is a true concern to them. They must realize that if they were to purchase advertising on national television, they'd be overwhelmed with responses, overnight and the "Good news would be preached throughout the earth" and the long awaited end would come.

The problem is, the eyes of the public would be upon them. They'd be in the spotlight and would be accountable for everything they say and do and have said and done. There would be public scrutiny. The way things are now, they fly under the radar of the general public. Most people think their experience with JW's is an isolated incident unique unto themselves or their particular local. They don't realize the scope of what is going on. It's easy for them to dismiss them as just another fanatical religious group.

I think for the leaders at Bethel and for many JW's being a Jehovah's Witness is a way of life rather than a means to and end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit