More casualties of the August 2002 KM

by funkyderek 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Shakita
    Shakita

So sorry, FD. Hang in there.

beryl:

I think everyone who has ever been a victim of shunning, whether directly or indirectly, should make it a point to tell that person sitting on the bus next to them reading the WT, or that person discussing religious views on the radio, or that person who lives next door who is interested in studying with JW's, or the person in work who has watched the recent abuse television programs, or the person in the laundromat who is picking up the Awake magazine, or the JW who approaches you on the street asking him very loudly so everyone can hear "I hear you people destroy families?".................use every opportunity that presents itself to get the word out that this so-called religion ruins relationships and destroys families. Advertise, Advertise, Advertise.........in this way their own propaganda will come back to haunt them.

Mrs. Shakita

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Dedalus, I am so sorry for your pain. If you've ever shunned someone like I have, you think you're doing the right thing. You're given a choice - Loyalty to Jehovah or loyalty to a gross sinner. The disfellowshiped person is blamed for breaking up the family not the GB. That's the sick mentality, it feels harsh because it is. I think Dansk is right, we should all do something, a counter attack to that awful KM, that was one of my last meetings and every word reeked of hate toward the person who dared leave the borg. That's what we're up against - hatred and fear, I think the best way to counter that is kill 'em with kindness and remind them what true love is. My suggestion - Talk to your brother - be the bridge between him and your father - show them both how love unites families. I wish you all the best. - Victorian Sky

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Oops I meant Funky not Dedalus, sorry!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Maybe we ought to send our DF'ing stories off to a sympathetic publication? Not a newspaper, but a common interest magazine perhaps?

Womens Own might be a good start, would they appreciate an article from someone like Funky Derek and Dansk do you suppose?

Englishman.

• Valis
    Valis

FunkyD...I feel you brudda...how nice would it be tohave a normal family if even for a while eh? Cheers mate.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

(((FD)))

Dansk, I'm game. I want to bring this to an end too!!!

• Dansk
    Dansk

I'm working on something (with others) believe me. I'll let you know soon enough. There appears to be a group on the forum willing to start taking (legal) action and there's also another outside group of exJWs I'm in contact with who have been successful in wreaking havoc successfully (again, legally). What I'd like to do is bring the experience of the second group (who don't post here) joined together with those of us on the forum who are prepared to act. But don't worry, confidentiality and your aliases will be secure.

It is time to fight back hard. My telephone has been hot these past few days and I've received some very promising e-mails. What galls me more than anything else is the amount of fear permeating this forum. It has to stop. The overwhelming majority here are decent people who want to live normal lives and be free from the "stigma" employed by the WTS.

Have faith. Things ARE starting to move.

If you are genuinely interested, send me a personal e-mail. Remember, this forum is open to prying eyes.

Dansk

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Funky,

Sorry to hear that your family is going through this trauma.

I have for some while been collecting names of persons who killed themselves as a result of the 'shunning' process and I make clear the term 'shunning' as opposed to 'disfellowshipping'.

It has to be stated, that the WTS has continually won its legal battles regarding this issue. In recent times Farkel posted the results of a court case in which the JW father involved was lambasted for his actions in carrying out the WTS doctrine of DF where his estranged wife was concerned. This was a specific case though, in specific circumstances and unlikely to make any long term change to the WTS policy.

It seems to me that the Courts, who are very squeamish about setting precedents over the issues of a religions right to impose its own ecclesiastical punishment over its adherents, do not understand the differences between ‘disfellowshipping’ and ‘shunning’. Shunning is used by the WTS as a lethal weapon, not as an internal system to maintain and protect its high moral standards.

If a case of suicide could be clearly shown to have resulted from the cruel practice of ‘shunning’, I believe that the WTS would be successfully sued. The problem is that such evidence will likely need to be in written form, such as a suicide note, or correspondence that shows the gradual descent of the shunned person into a depression from which they were unable to survive. If any on this Board have such evidence, I would certainly be very interested in hearing about it.

The only way that the WTS changes its anti-social behavior is when it is imposed upon them by the Courts, who though controlled by Satan seem to be far more interested in justice and honor than those controlled by God!

The policy of shunning will gradually change as society changes. Theological evolution will transform it into a more sanitized vehicle by natural progress of time, though of course the WTS will claim that God made them change. We might certainly speed up this process, and uncover some compensation for those who have been left without bread-winners, or children who have to grow up without mothers if we challenged the WTS with such evidence.

Take care Derek - HS

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Derek,

I feel your pain. Those bastards make me f*cking sick.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Listen folks, there's one sure way. This comes from a fellow sufferer, as many of you know, and it acts as some form of reassurance.

Ever heard of the expression "suppose they called a war, and no-one came"? There will only be wars while people attend the parties. Similarly, there will only be room for an abusive organisation like the WTS whilst ever there are supporters to carry out their demands. I don't see a time when the Borg will have no supporters but I DO see a time when they will not have the support of our dear family members. That's what I pray for for Mrs Ozzie and I and it's what I wish for for you too Funky and Dansk and everyone that is also suffering. When our family members are OUT then the Borg will not be able to reach into our lives.

In the meantime, demonstrate by your lives that there is a good life "out there" in freedom. It's not so much by our words as by our actions that they will see the truth about "The Troof".

That's my thoughts anyway.

My best regards to you who suffer in this way.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit