More casualties of the August 2002 KM

by funkyderek 24 Replies latest jw friends

• myself
    myself

I may be mistaken, but in some states aren't there laws that protect grandparents rights? It would make a good news media issue.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Ozzie,

A heartening post - thank you.

HS

• Azalo
    Azalo

I just read that August KM and I find it hard to believe they actaully printed that. The reason being is that my family hasn't changed towards me whatsoever and believe me they are hardcore. I'm glad and I hope they keep it up. I wish I could just come out and tell them how much I hate the org and all of its stupid policies and try to knock some sense into them but that would just end our relationship completely and I dont want that and I think it would kill my mother even though she would go along with it out of fear.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Dedalus,

: I don't necessarily think that Witnesses constitute a cult, or that the label has any elucidating meaning when applied to them.

I won't quibble with your over the technical meaning of "Cult." It is too broad and subject to many debates.

Would you quibble with me over the term "murderous, scumbag assholes who could not care less about those who's lives they destroy while they try to figure things out and survive even if it means the loss of lives and family relationshipships of those who trust them?"

I doubt you would quibble with me over this, and I doubt that any defintition of "Cult" no matter how heinous, is worse than the definition of the WTS I just provided. My definition of them is FACT and those of us who know the WTS know it is FACT.

Farkel

• dedalus
    dedalus
    Would you quibble with me over the term "murderous, scumbag assholes who could not care less about those who's lives they destroy while they try to figure things out and survive even if it means the loss of lives and family relationshipships of those who trust them?"

LOL! You're right, I won't quibble with you -- one of the reasons I have reservations about the semantics of "cult" is because, regardless of whether the organization is or isn't a cult, it certainly is a group of murderous, scumbag assholes etc. Sometimes I get the impression that people think the organization can only be really bad if it meets the criteria for being a cult ... and my position is that, even if it doesn't meet the criteria, it's still insidious, disgusting, disturbing, and a million other negative adjectives.

Dedalus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit