The Date for the Memorial is WRONG this year!

by Kelley959 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kelley959
    Kelley959

An interesting video was on youtube with a person claiming that the Memorial date for 2024 was wrong. So I consulted three different Jewish calendars online and sure enough, he appears to be right. I went back to 2014 and forward to 2027. They have the future dates listed. In the cases, MOST dates line up with the calendars I am finding online. BUT 2024 is incorrect. Passover is listed in April of this year due to Adar II being added. I thought maybe the Society didn't account for the second Adar. Wrong! In 2022 there was an Adar II that placed Nisan 14 on April 15, 2022. The Memorial was held on April 15, 2022. The previous Adar II was in 2019, placing Nisan 14 on April 19, 2019, the date of that year's Memorial. But in 2016, the same scenario as this year produced itself. Adar II was that year, BUT the Memorial was celebrated on Sunday March 24, 2016 (ironically the same day and date as 2024). But before in 2014, it was correct using the Adar II calculation. 2027, the Adar II issue rises again, placing Nisan 14 on April 21, 2027. Sometimes it's off a day due to the observance of when the new moon is in JERUSALEM and then counting 14 days foward, so it could be either the 20th, 21st or 22nd. So what gives in allowing supposed flexibility in WHEN they can use Adar II at their discretion? I posted the link with Jewish calendar that I primary used. This should be interesting!

https://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/month_cdo/jewish/Jewish-Calendar.htm

• hoser
    hoser

March 24 is close to Easter so it’s good enough. Jehovah’s witnesses take the organization at its word and don’t do their own research.

No one will notice it’s almost a month too early.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

This is what the Borg relies on for its followers.

Such blind, unquestioningly & naieve ignorance. And nobody relying on anything,anyone or any outside source other than the borg.

Keeping its victims in the dark. Echo chamber,, and overlooking plain obvious facts when they're staring you point blank in the face & in plainview.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It's one of those straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel things. They place great store in getting the right date, for an event in which no-one participates. It's like turning up to a football match; the referee puts the ball on the field, and no players turn up. 90 minutes later, everyone goes home.

They could always go with: the Jews are no longer Jehovah's representatives on Earth; why would they be more correct than his true channel?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

I understand that the passover falls 14 days from the first new moon after the spring equinox.

March 20, 2024: spring equinox

April 8, 2024: First new moon after Spring Equinox

22 April: Passover (+ 14 days from April 8).

Im not an expert so dont take my word for it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Lol. They got it wrong.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Your thinking needs some readjustment brother. The Memorial falls on the day that the Governing Body says it does, by definition, so how can it possibly be wrong?

• Jeffro
  • TonusOH
    TonusOH

I guess it's a good thing they don't do it every week, then.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They do not follow the modern Jewish calendar in determining the memorial.

This from aQFR in 1977

Appropriately, the date for the Memorial celebration is arrived at as the Jews back then determined the date for the Passover. They began the month of Nisan when they could first see the new moon in the spring nearest the equinox. Passover came fourteen days later.​—Isa. 66:23; Ex. 12:2, 6.a

Jehovah’s Witnesses now follow this ancient pattern in determining the Memorial date. Please note that the first thing that needs to be established is when the new moon nearest the spring equinox (about March 21) will be visible in Jerusalem.

From what I read online the new moon UK , is March 10. So 14 days on is March 24 . A snappy phrase I remember is “ The first full moon after the Spring equinox “ . That also gives their date…

Basically they are saying, never mind the Jews , we think we are right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit