Moving to Minnesota

by HappyDad 21 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have a friend outside Minneapolis....it was 54 below there last week.....cold is one thing....like we have in New England...but 54 below...seriously?

tiki ...

I agree. At that temperature, if you tried to write your name in the snow, your dick would probably crack and fall off.

Rub a Dub

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Well being from Canada, we do have the four seasons,( and that is getting sketchy) loved to visit Fla but give me the seasons, unfortunately I feel even our climate is changing drastically.. 54 below is unnatural due to that artic air coming down from the pole, last week with wind chill, we were at - 26 - its all changing and for those who do not believe in climate change ??????

At the same time, the forest fires, the massive hurricanes, ice shield melt - it won't be long before we are all adversely affected- from migration to various states/provinces, to inability to grow crops- our crops were late to the field due to wet spring that did not dry out til first of June - it's already happening to the lower 48 - not to mention the refugees who are on the move due to disgusting government practises in many lands..

I believe we are like ostriches, keep our head buried in the sand - but the assend is exposed ..might save the head but the end is gone

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

Minnesota sucks, the cold, the politics now seems to be a Muslim haven and idiot leftist strong hold. They elected a terrorist to the house. Florida has hurricanes lived through a few and left full time living there because of it. Crowded by north east idiots? Yep in winter. Winters are great. Warm weather, just cool enough to make it great. I got to know the back roads and how to avoid 41, and 75 ect and hits places like Webster's huge flea market, Micanopy, Mount Dora and other places that are great fun. The races in Daytona bike week, St. Augustine, you can have Orlando. Key West is great, Miami has some very cool things to do. Its very unique. As for living there full time no way. I spent 14 years there. Enough. But in winter I am thinking of taking a TT down for a couple of months when the Northern south here is 30 degrees.

• new boy
    new boy

It will take the $300 you save a month to pay fpr your heating bills.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Key West is great, Miami has some very cool things to do.

Tobyjones ...

Key West is definitely a very "unique" and crazy place.

My wife and I went to Mardi Gras (New Orleans) once. Fun, but too many pissing all over the place and the smell ... wow.

Key West has Fantasy Fest the last week of October every year. A city of 30K that ends up with 70K people that week.

Not for the timid. Nudity is not allowed but spray paint is considered "clothing."

NOTHING like it anywhere in the US. At least what I have ever seen.

The first time you go there, you will burn out your camera's memory cards in about a half hour ... lol. Just Google Fantasy Fest pictures and see some of the crazy stuff.

Of course for those of us still in the Borg, you cannot mention that you go there.

Rub a Dub

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Thanks everyone for your input. I know we all have our preferences. My daughter is the only family I have in this world and she is going to make a hell of a lot more money in Minnesota with her degree than what she is getting in Florida. And her and my best friends moved back to Minnesota 5 years ago for the same reason. I'm just happy that my daughter still wants her grumpy old man around . We both escaped the JW cult at about the same time after my wife/her mother died. I was done with the religion and was afraid to tell because I thought I would lose her forever. Lo and behold.....I didn't know......she was also done with it and was afraid to tell me for the same reason. We were at the time in two different worlds so to speak until I met her for dinner one day after she was done with work. I was very distraught that day and I just had to tell her my feelings. You can't imagine my emotions when I finished telling her that I was done with the JW's and in turn....she told me that she also was done with them. We have stayed close ever since. Oh yeah....we can fight like cats and dogs sometime because I as a father sometimes can't admit that she is a grown woman who can make her own decisions. I have that need to protect even though she can protect herself.

Her JW cousins who for a time stayed close finally abandoned her an have nothing to do with her anymore because they still drink the Koolade. I would love to see this cult taken down before I die. I'm 72 years old now and living the best life ever. I'm happy I still have my health. My doctor wants me to lose weight but I like to eat and drink my beer. So be it!

My wish is for all the ones still trying to get out to reach their goal and be as happy as I am.

• zeb
    zeb

australia is too a land of incredible contrasts. Flood one end the other end is on fire.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

You have a great time in Minnesota with your daughter! Live free!

• blondie
    blondie

I agree. At that temperature, if you tried to write your name in the snow, your dick would probably crack and fall off.

Not mine

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I think you made a wise choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit