What I miss about going out in service.

by compound complex 36 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGal
    HappyGal

Looking back, all I see is a monumental waste of time !

I don't miss much. The coffee breaks were nice. I wish I had that time back!

• compound complex
    compound complex

BluesBrother:

My "spirituality " in general peaked and troughed .... in low times it was hardly bearable.

I agree with the above. Spirituality was, in large part, linked to and measured by our "theocratic activity."

que lastima

• Ding
    Ding

When I was studying with the WT, I thought JWs genuinely considered field service to be a life-saving work which gave their lives meaning and purpose.

I was shocked when I discovered how many JWs actually hate it and hope against hope that no one will be at home.

• skin
    skin

Getting good ideas from other peoples property, so I can then do the same with mine.

Oh, yeah, also the good feeling you got when field service was over, that I was told is Jehovah's spirit working.

• mrquik
    mrquik

"If you love life, don't waste time for time is what life is made up of." Quoted by the Kung Fu master Bruce Lee.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What I liked was to see the look of appreciation on the householder's face when I explained kingdom truths straight from the Bible.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Mom gave me Cod Liver oil each morning before school, and it tasted like crap....The same with FS it felt like crap knocking on people doors, but I believed it would make me healthy,

• steve2
    steve2

I don't miss much. The coffee breaks were nice. I wish I had that time back!

I wish we had had coffee breaks back in the day. It was unheard of in my locality. The very thought of sitting in the vehicle organizing materials for door-knocking was even considered a sign of poor preparation; we were expected to have everything we needed sorted before we left home for the field.

My, times have sure changed with JWs spending varying times sipping coffees in the nearest café. It sure lends their modern work a laid-back flavour and robs it of any claim to urgency.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

steve2: yes no coffee breaks, the work was too important before 1975. There was a urgent need too save people souls. Well I'am happy to say I didn't save one soul, no one paid attention to my message..

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Aww, don't we miss the JOY of smugly telling everyone in the territory that they will DIE unless they take magazines from strangers who come to their doors unannounced ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit