JWs and Guns.

by blownaway 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blownaway
    blownaway

I have a Sig P220 in 45 acp elite carry I am trying to sell. I got it in trade and don't really want it. I have several 45s and just don't need another one.

• careful
    careful

If you're a bro and don't want to be used, there are many options: grow a beard, don't wear a tie, express doubt, and now you just buy a gun and let the congo know about it! Excellent choices...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Is self defense a privilege that only those tyrants who are enslaving the planet have? If no one else has guns, they will not be afraid to round everyone up, lead them to one of the designated cities (or slaughter them), and force them to work as slaves with no chance to enjoy anything. Do you want that?

Proper use of defensive guns includes protecting oneself against criminals and tyrants. In both cases, it metes out justice against those who are plundering humans as resources (whether to steal money or their whole existence). In both cases, the mere threat of retaliation can serve to prevent someone from going in and shooting out crowded venues or confiscating your wealth. How many mass shooters and robbers--and tyrants--would wuss out against performing these deeds if they knew that the average citizen had guns and could fight right back?

That aside, Christi-SCAM-ity and communism are virtually identical. Both punish self defense. Both claim that someone else (whether it be jesus krayst, allah, or those who are enslaving us all) will take care of it. And in both cases, those who are supposed to take care of us fail to do so, creating gross injustice instead. And in both cases, one is working toward the enslavement of the whole planet, and ultimately the whole universe.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It's like claiming people shouldn't have knives because they are like swords / weapons - comes down to how you use 'em.

I like that

Apparently Jehovah God had no problem with the Israelite`s carrying swords and committing genocide among their neighbors slaughtering man woman and child with the sword and told not to feel sorry for them, a recurrent occurrence in the Hebrew Scriptures (N.T)

Mat.10:34 "Jesus came to put a sword on the earth"

Wasn`t it Jehovah God who invented the sword Gen.3:24 ?

Imagine if they had have had guns in those days ?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

blownaway years ago in West coast congregation in FL a group of elders would go out to the Rockie mountains and go hunting for big game. It would cost them a fortune to do this yearly event. When ask why they would say they did it for the meat. Since all of them were well off it made no sense to me why they did this but to get away from their wives and families for a week. I also remember their was some complaints about brothers going fishing. All of this was overlooked by the CO and other hogher ups. I figured to each his own on this matter.

Living on 10 acres in a swampy area of FL you needed a gun for all those water moccasins crawling around. Lol. Still Totally ADD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Here in the UK, there was a Brother™ that was a farmer. He had a shotgun. It wasn't questioned due to his profession. I cannot speak for any other country.

• krismalone
    krismalone

Since the governing body does not allow privileges or consider a JW as an example if he has a gun, then if a JW with privileges is getting assaulted or sees his wife and children getting raped it's also hypocritical to call the police as they will arrive with a gun and they will use it if necessary to protect the victim.

What would this JW that is calling the police say or think if the police were to tell him "you know what, we will arrive however, we will leave our guns in the police station as you are a JW and you do not believe in carrying guns for self-defense. We will kindly ask the rapist and murderer to stop stabbing you and raping your children and we will hope for the best and pray to your God since he will always protect you as your governing body says he will".

If that were to happen, there would be a serious lawsuit against the police for dereliction of Duty. However nothing would happen to the governing body because of their policy.

The watchtowers policy on guns is just one of many contradictory, arbitrary, man-made, ridiculous & dangerous policies that they have.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Had no guns while I lived in Florida. However, now in Alabama, I have 5 guns and I'm not a Hunter

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    I grew up in an environment in which almost every guy owned .22, a shotgun and a .303.There were very practical reasons for this. Pest control was (and still is) a real issue. Also deer skins (and later venison) commanded high prices. Hunting was a practical way to supplement ones income.Upon becoming a JW, this didn’t change too much. The only flak I copped was not over owning a firearm, but over going out hunting on weekends, when I should have been engaged in the “Field Circus” business instead!
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

No guns in the Garden of Eden but somebody invented a 'spinning, fiery sword" that was intended for one purpose only, to be used on any human that tried to get to the 'tree of life'.

Gen 3:24 says

So he drove the man out, and he posted at the east of the garden of E′den the cherubs and the flaming blade of a sword that was turning continuously to guard the way to the tree of life.

I wonder who that inventor was?

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit