My Story

by Jennie 43 Replies latest social family

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Hi Jennie and welcome to the board.

Yes suicide is very disturbing. I can only imagine the feelings that you have right now, hurt, mad, sad. You wonder why a person that you loved could do that to himself or to his family. I think sometimes it's selfishness, and yes you would think that person could talk to somebody so that they don't feel so alone in their despair. But I think also that if a person has endured some emotional times, like your grandfather, I'm sure he was very tired. When people get emotionally and physically tired, they want to go to sleep and never wake up. I'm sorry you grandfather had to take the route of suicide.

Hopefully your family will be able to pick up the pieces and become stronger, along from the help that you receive on the board.

Take care Jennie you'll find much comfort here.

• Jennie
    Jennie

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Joannadandy: I promise I will give you my autograph!

Bikerchic: Thanks for being nice!( Why did you change your flying pigs avatar, I liked it!)

My dad will scan the picture I drew that comes with it in my next post!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

hello jennie, i'm from england, and i feel the sameway you do about suicide. it's sad that your grandpa died the way he did. it's great to have you here on this forum. keep posting!

• Jesika
    Jesika

My dear, I love you so much!!! I am glad your parents agreed to allow you to be a part of what is going on here.

What you have gone through with your grandfather I can't relate to as far as my own family, but I am glad you can talk to your parents about what is going on, and they have let you express yourself to all of us.

It feels good to have people to talk to, and I am happy your parents have given you the chance to be able to do so.

Honey, you are so smart, and you and your family didn't deserve to be put through this, but when you get older some things will make more sense to you.

Noone can completely explain why people do what they do, but I hope you can find a way to work through what you feel, and what your family is feeling too.

I believe suicide is a selfish thing to do, but you can't control what others decide to do.

I know your grandfather loved you and your family VERY MUCH, but he delt with what he was feeling the best way he knew how. I am not saying it was the best/right decision, but I know he didn't do it to hurt you on purpose.

If you would like to talk to me or want me to take you some where to talk, just ask your parents and I would be happy to take you out somewhere to talk or just to have some fun.

Just know you have ALOT of people who care about you!!!

I love you hon,

Jesika

• Valis
    Valis

Hi Jennie..Travis here...it was so nice seeing you on Sunday at the Arboretum. I'm quite sure you were the prettiest flower there. Now then, about your feelings regarding suicide. To answer on of your questions dear, suicide is illgal, so is helping someone do it, and many times people lose death benefits if they do kill themselves. I'm sure dad and mum can help you more with that one. To your feelings. Even though we come from a crazy place and religion there are some feelings that all humans have. One would be the love for your grandfather. I am quite sure that you loved him and still do very much. I know that when my favorite person, my grandfather died , just like you huh?,it took me a long time to get over. He refused to see a doctor for years and years...He was stubborn and very independent. He died and I wished so badly that all those years ago he would have went to the hospital or even talked to a doctor..I still love him and think of all the good times and fond memories I have of him though. That is what you will do some day soon too. It is hard to deal with grief and think of the good things all at the same time..I know it is and was for me. One thing about being older and being an adult is that sometimes we make bad descisions that hurt others terribly. So bad that all you can do is cry and ask "Why?" when it happens to you. Even if we didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings at all, or we don't think about the consequences of our descisions. What your grandfather did was one of those times..It is hard sometimes to see the right way to do things when you feel you are at the end of hope. Kind of like being lost and being scared and in the dark all at the same time. You might be able to see that making a bad descision when you feel that way could happen...You are exactly right about pain and suffering Jennie. There are ways to help that by counseling and going to see the doctor, but I wanted to say that sometimes the fear of facing problems and the truth keeps good people from seeking help when they need help really badly. All we can do as good humans is to watch those around us and notice when they need our help or when they seem to be in the dark and scared and can't see the way. Sometimes it is very hard to tell what a person is thinking, so be curious and ask if you think you can help others as you grow up. I promise that if you do this for the ones you love, you'll be like a beacon of light for your friends and family when they need you the most. Have a good day...now please go play outside and enjoy your life...you've only got 70 or 80 more years and no time to lose!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi jennie, its nowisee again.

there was one thing that i forgot to tell you yesterday. suicide is really really hard to understand when you are 9 years old. if you can't understand it now you shouldn't feel bad. practically no 9 year old can understand it -- even adults have trouble sometimes. so if you just want to put it in a box in the back of your mind so you can take it out in a few years when you are older, it is ok. in a few years from now you will be able to understand it a lot better.

right now the most important thing to remember is that you loved your grandfather and he definitely loved you. and that will never never change.

take care jennie. we care about you so much. nowisee

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

We asked Jennie to draw a picture of what Grandpa's death meant to her and she did. Jennie asked me to upload her picture and so I have. Here it is:

• Vash_The_Stampede_13
    Vash_The_Stampede_13

Teddy Hey Jennie Teddy
    PartyJuggleAirborne Welcome To The Forum!!!!! I'm glad you're here AirborneJuggleParty
    w00t! I'm 12, & I look forward to getting to know you. w00t!
    I'm really really sorry that happenedTears & I send you many {{{{HUGZ}}}}Hug
    I'm glad you are offering alternative solutions to those sort of problems, I'm sure your report will help many.
    Flowerpot:butterfly: (Butterfly) Your Friend:butterfly: (Butterfly)Flowerpot
    Vash

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Vash!!!

You're back!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!!!

You're a sweetie to respond. Thank you so much. Jennie was very excited to see so many responses to her essay. I will tell her about your response when I pick her up from school tomorrow afternoon.

Take care,

Chris

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Dear Jennie,Sun

1 st of all Clap WELCOME

JENNIE!!JuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggle

JuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggleJuggle

Your report is very true. Judge

If a person is feeling a great deal of pain he/she can find away out of that pain. As you put it you can just like talk to a theripist about your fears or grief. And you can just go to the docter/hospital for your pain.

I wanted you to know that your report has probably helped some who readreading it to consider going to a therapist. It can be a difficult choice to make because believe it or not grown-ups often do not like the idea of going to a doctor.

I think someone brave like you sharing what you think and feel with others could make a BIG difference in a sad grown-ups life.

Thank-you so much sugar for being so brave and loving as to share with us your strong opinion!

Gotta Luvz Ya Jennie!!Love

Utopian_Raindrops:butterflytwo: (Butterfly)

P.S. Your Picture is very moving. GalleryYou really know how to make a person think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit