My Story

by Jennie 43 Replies latest social family

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Hi Jennie, I am so glad to see you posting.

I don't know if you remember me, but I went out to breakfast with your family when I was in Dallas at Denny's, and I remember you!

Your parents have said you are writing and drawing. I really hope you keep it up. I used to be really sad like your Grandpa was, but I found that writing and drawing really helped to make me a happier person. And you are very right, it helps to talk to people when we are sad, lonely, and confused.

So I hope whenever you are sad, or upset, or just confused, you always remember to talk to your parents, (because it is obvious they love you very much) and that you come and talk to all of us here, because we care about you too.

Keeping writing and drawing. And when you are a famous artist and author I want your autograph!

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

(((((Jennie)))))

I know the pain you feel, Sweetie. Suicide is not fair to anyone. Just remember that as long as you don't forget about your Grandpa, he will always be with you in your heart. Make yourself a promise to never forget him. And one day when you are older and feel like the world will swallow you, remember that suicide is not the answer to your problems. Always find someone to talk to and you can honor your Grandpa in your life!

Fire Dragon

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hi Jennie!

I'm really sorry that your GrandPa is gone. I almost committed suicide once...life was really really really hard then, my heart was broken, and I thought that dying was my only way to escape the pain. GrandPa's heart was feeling a lot of pain, too. Sometimes, people do sad things they would take back if they could, but we can't.

Your Mom and Dad love you a whole lot. Keep on loving them like you do, and someday you'll be able to make a little more sense of what happened with GrandPa.

By the way: I live in Oregon, near Portland. I'm married to Katie (bikerchic), and she will be saying something to you in a little while.

((Jennie))

Craig

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((((Jennie))))))))

I really liked your writing. I am really sad about your Grandpa. Soon the pain will go away and you will replace it with good memories of him. Keep the good memories close in your heart and think of them often.

You are a very lucky little girl to have such warm and loving parents. I would love to meet you all someday and see some of the drawings you've done. I hope you save them in a memory book or something, maybe writing a journal about how you are feeling now would help you cope with the sadness.

Big hugs!

Katie

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I have just witnessed myself, as a 40 year old man, cry.

• blackout
    blackout

Hi Jennie,

Im from Australia, I really appreciated your letter.

I want to send you warmth and hugs, and love too.

Remember your Grandpa can live forever in your heart and mind, cherish your memories of him and most importantly cherish your dear parents as you have them with you and that is so important.

I dont really know for sure but maybe your Grandpa is with God now, or in a beautifull safe place where he is happy and knows you love him.

Best wishes

Blackout

• dottie
    dottie

((((((((((Jennie))))))))) Welcome to you!!!!!

I am very glad that you wrote about this. I feel myself like it is an important thing to talk about because I think that everyone sometime in their life has to deal with a death like this.

When I was in high school I had a friend that killed himself. It was one of the hardest things that I had to deal with growing up. A big thing that I dealt with was that I was feeling guilty because I felt like I should have known, and I should have helped him so that he wouldn't have done that. That was 12 years ago, I was 15 at that time, and with age I have come to understand that it wasn't my fault and there was nothing that I could have done to stop him.

I think that your Granpa was a very lucky man to have such a beautiful Granddaughter like you. You have a very big heart and it shows.

If you would like to be penpals to chat or just write I think that would be great! [email protected] You can email me anytime

Many hugs and Much love to you!!!!!!

Dottie

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Jennie....................you are a brave and honest girl. My little girl lost her dad to suicide too, that was a long time ago. She is now 17 but she still thinks about him every day.

You'll always remember your grandad too and that will at times make you sad but also happy.

Keep your mum and dad close to you and never let the anger you may feel about suicide take away your joy.

All the very best.

((((((((((((((((jennie))))))))))))))))))

Bliss

• Xandria
    Xandria

Jennie,

Welcome to the board, I am glad you took the time to write about your feelings about suicide and the loss of your Grandfather. I know losing someone so special is not easy. An I know that your Grandpa did love you. Death is hard to understand at any age, regardless on how someone died. An I know you are very sad on what Grandpa did. Sometimes people find themselves in a dark place emotionally and don't know how to help themselves or know how to talk about what is bothering them.

Suicide is the hardest thing to understand, because the person who does it is no longer around to explain his feelings. I know when my Cousin did not leave a reason when he committed suicide. All we knew was he was unhappy.

For the longest time, I though was there more I could of done to help my cousin. After years of reflection and talking about my feelings. I found an answer I could accept. This is what helped me. While some harm themselves without any outward warning, most do not. Sometimes someone finds themselves so sad and depressed that they are in a deep hole, feel they cannot get out of and sometimes they feel they cannot talk about it. That is why it is important to talk about your feelings.

Didn't you feel a little bit better expressing how you felt ? Sadly some people don't feel other people can understand them or how they feel and they keep all that bottled inside. It festers and grows into a severe saddness, a depression. Although most depressed people are not suicidal, most suicidal people are depressed.

My cousin, Eddie withdrew from us. He started not going to things he liked to do, stopped coming family get togethers and started closing us out. An we tried talking with him, but he would not talk to us about how he felt, suicidal people often don t believe they can be helped. But there are people who can help. It takes someone to tell you what is going on. If someone doesn't tell you what is going on you cannot help them. Each person is different. We are the survivors and I know you are going through a lot of feelings right now. I cannot tell you how to feel or what to do. But I want you to know that... You are not alone.

I hope that you will come and visit us often.

Xandria

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Jennie,

What a difficult topic for anyone, let alone a 9 year old. When I was 8 a close family friend I loved a great deal killed himself. It was hard to understand. I still think about him and miss him even now, over 40 years later. I remember all the good things he did for me and my siblings. Sometimes when people are very, very sad and have been for a long time, their thinking is not quite right. They actually think it is best for their family if they were gone. I know your mom and dad and you loved him very much. He was just confused for a short, sad moment.

Loving memories shared keep our family and friends alive no matter the cause of their passing. I know your family is doing that.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit