Attitudes of People πŸ‘Ž

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

The attitude of employees under a severe labor shortage like here can be challenging. Housekeepers with limited cleaning skills are charging exorbitant hourly fees (or sq. footage guesstimates) and they should be paid good money. Many have work ethics par with contractors - burn and turn. Many homeowners left with serious issues once they walk away - I hear about it weekly. It has gone from bad to worse. The efficient, high-energy, ones (younger) are hired on the strip (great benefits and they have the enjoyment/camaraderie of working with others) and the job is inspected and done right or they're 'done!' The homeowner is dealing with the 'dones'.

Until the handouts cease it's a roll of the dice.

• minimus
    minimus

This chain has an excellent reputation for customer service and are usually picky on who they hire. They are a conservative looking group, no tats or crazy dress . I think this girl will either learn very quickly or just leave.

• hoser
    hoser

This is why capitalism needs to be protected. It is a system that rewards efficiency.

• minimus
    minimus

True

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

On the other hand, sometimes there are situations in which the cashier should tell the customer to fork off - I'm thinking specifically of the digus I saw in line the other day, in the self-checkout express lines with two full carts.

• minimus
    minimus

I saw a person a few minutes ago that works in the same place , knows her and said none of her coworkers like her.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Who would like to work at a checkout? For many people it must be pretty miserable. People not handing money to you but laying it down could get you down, I imagine. I try to give them a break.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Fully automated luxury communism is the answer for everyone.

• minimus
    minimus

Plenty of people may have jobs that might not be ideal. It doesn’t justify being a jerk

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I certainly agree that sales clerks are rude sometimes and they shouldn't be, but I am wondering a bit about the OP. Stores have to deal a lot with problems like counterfeit money, shoplifters, even armed robberies, and they probably have instructions on such things. Clever thieves have ways of distracting the staff, for instance placing paper money on the counter and letting it fall onto the floor, and while the staff is bending down to pick it up the thief pockets something, or his accomplice does so. So there might have been something else going on in the OP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit