Attitudes of People 👎

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I have to share. I went to the supermarket last night and got one item. I placed the 10 dollar bill on the item. The young girl mumbled something to me and I asked what she said. She said take the money off the item and hand it to me! I took it off and I asked her why and she said because that’s what I want. I was a bit dumbfounded by her entitled rudeness. She gives me my change and pushes the item toward me. I say, can I please have a bag?? And she is exasperated and says you should have told me before!! I said what difference would it make? Then I left thinking I wanted to call her manager about her rudeness.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Had a similar thing happen in a gas station near the house. Went in to prepay because the card scanner wasn't working. Held out my card to the foreign person behind the counter who promptly told me he didn't want the money presented that way put on counter or some such expression. Couldn't understand his English/Hindi. Told him he won't get my money then as I could go across the street to people who weren't so rude, and did that. Mind you I have used this Shell station for years. Called Shell customer service. Never saw the guy again.

• hoser
    hoser

Best not to support those businesses.

• minimus
    minimus

The supermarket I go to I’ve been going through for years. The owners Have always pushed courtesy and service. I’m sure this is an aberration but it was very disturbing to see.

• minimus
    minimus

I just talked to the manager and he was very apologetic and said they take pride in the training they give their employees and apologized profusely. I told him I have never called to make a complaint but that I thought the management should know. They also told him I did not wish to have anything happen to her regarding her job but she just needs to learn better customer service. He knew who the person was based on my description and said she will be talked to so that doesn’t happen to any other customer.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

He knew who the person was based on my description and said she will be talked to so that doesn’t happen to any other customer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHzdxly0Y9Q

• solomon
    solomon

Some people just don’t understand how to deal with others.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Good job, Karen. That'll learn her real good.

• Gorb
    Gorb

And so the feedback loop is taken.

Gorb

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I did not wish to have anything happen to her regarding her job but she just needs to learn better customer service.

I think that was the right thing to do minimus as we dont really know the circumstances behind what caused them to behave that way.

My D.i.Law who works in pharmacy tells me what crap they have to put up with customers sometimes that just makes their day turn to shit and they are still expected to be nice and polite to every customer , they are only human too you know .

Having said that ,I do know there are just some people not suitable to be dealing with the public as they have no people skills at all.

Well done my friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit