Australia: Jehovah’s Witnesses to join redress scheme for child sexual abuse survivors

by yalbmert99 28 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Exactly

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    They are outright lying: The LIE is that it WAS voluntary. What they fail to mention is that it is STILL voluntary.

The other LIE is that it became mandatory , only kinda. What makes it mandatory for the Watchtower is the loss of tax exemption. In essence they lose a privilege if they don't join. Once again, supposedly timeless, righteous principles are exchanged for cash.

They then try to save face by saying the are joining it in order to be obedient to the superior authorities. Gag me. Wt believes that Jah and Jesus are the "superior authorities" and that they must obey God as ruler rather than men. Governments are all run by Satan.... REMEMBER?

They leave out the fact that, all they lose if they don't join is tax exemption. The Jehovah's witness religion won't be dissolved in Australia if they don't join.

Then they try to deny responsibility. They say they are not responsible for the children, because they don't sponsor any activities that put children in the care of others. That is an outright lie. I know when I was a minor, I was sent out in field service with adults alone all the time.

Liars.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Well surmised, Sea.

They're still trying to frame the narrative in their favor.

Points for consistency, I suppose.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

What constitute obeying God as ruler rather than men has always been decided by the GB of Jehovah's witnesses. The fallout of this is still in the future.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

WT "not responsible for children?" They insist that members "listen and obey" their directives about how to raise children. They present videos showing two parents "loyally" shunning the daughter whom they threw out of their home. Who were the parents being loyal TO?

Old Tony Morris so cleverly illustrating the way to motivate teens who were "delaying" baptism. Tell them they can't get a drivers license if they don't get baptized. Now if some parents are not putting pressure on the kids to get baptized they're seen as BAD parents, especially if they allow the kids to drive.

But WT doesn't see this meddling and interfering in how people choose to parent, as being responsible.

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

The Watchtower never admit any wrongdoing, never apologizes and always blames its victims

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ yalbmert99...

To do any less would - in their view - too deeply undermine the fiction of "God's Exclusive Earthly Organization".

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Indeed...

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Wasn't there some testimony during the Royal Commission to the effect of:

'We really wish you would make it (reporting) mandatory. It would make it easier on us.'

Looks like Australia took them at their word. Mandatory it shall be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit